Xbox One

Started by Beerjerk, May 22, 2013, 09:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beerjerk

So, whatcha think?

Many are whining over the shape, which kind of reminds me of the first cd player my family ever bought back in '91. I kinda dig it. But I figure Microsoft will come out with a sleeker (and cheaper) model 2-3 years or so after release. In the meantime, I'm going to hoard up on as many Xbox 360 games as I can once Gamestop starts emptying space for next-gen collections.

Pisses me off that Microsoft won't be transferring your XBLA games onto the new console.

diasdegalvan

No deal for me I'll most likely switch to the PS4 possibly PC.

I,Galactus

Anxiously waiting for this and the PS4 to drop so I can finally afford a PS3.   ;)

I kinda love how everybody cries about lack of backwards compatibility.  It was never the norm until the PS2 (try jamming an SNES cartridge in your N64 and see what happens) and hasn't really been ever since but now we're entitled to it, by gawd!  Some principle of economics at work no doubt.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

gritty_fingers

I usually wait a couple of years before I buy a video game console. Usually the first batch has a lot of problems.

I am more of an Xbox guy than a Playstation guy but I wouldn't mind owning both truth be told.
"Ginger People"

VOLVO)))

PS4 over xb1 based solely on play station network being free.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bitter

Has that been confirmed? Because, that's was a huge selling point on the ps3 after my xbox red ring'd in ~2010
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

ez

Those out there considering pre-ordering an XBox One, I'd recommend you read up on the E3 results from yesterday.

It looks like Sony has pretty much already won the console war.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

socket

PSN still free but is now more similar to Xbox silver or whatever.  PS+ will be required for online gaming, but not for Netflix, etc.
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

socket

Quote from: ez on June 11, 2013, 04:47:29 AM
Those out there considering pre-ordering an XBox One, I'd recommend you read up on the E3 results from yesterday.

It looks like Sony has pretty much already won the console war.

I watched the whole 2 hour Sony presentation stream... as it was on at night and I have a Roku... yeah what a fucking nerd.  (Only watched recaps of MS presentation as I was at work)

Anyway, before e3 PS4 seemed to have won in my mind as I don't have cable, don't give a shit about motion games or talking to my system, have never been all that into Halo.  However, Last gen, I think that 360 was FAR superior to PS3 with the online capabilities.  I liked being able to play a game, see my friend online, join a party and say, "hey want to play NHL?" he can say, "hold on let me finish this level" and I can play single player until he is ready.

My opinion was confirmed by it being $100 cheaper, allowing resale/borrowing of games (disc based), less intrusive DRM (I don't mind DRM, I get it, people pirate games, but the online requirement is stupid, not for me really as I will almost always have a connection, but I just think it is stupid)
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

gritty_fingers

I'm more of an Xbox guy but I would buy both the PS4 and the Xbox (if I had the money).

I think the exclusive games for the Xbox are a little bit more interesting to me at this point in time. Things may change though.

Usually I wait a couple of years before I buy a console because the first generations are always buggy as hell. I managed to avoid the red ring of death that way.
"Ginger People"

irratebass

So I found a great deal at Amazon, so I bought an XB1 with an extra controller, it comes with Assassin's Creed Unity, Black Flag & Wolfenstein, I also picked up Lego Batman 3 & Sunset Overdrive all for under $450.....here is the link

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TT5I63K/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00TT5I63K&linkCode=as2&tag=hp-slotter-20&linkId=66RXBHARJQRKSNE3

Living a Burt Reynolds lifestyle on Mac Davis budget