Creating a Posthumous Band Presence

Started by neighbor664, March 06, 2018, 03:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neighbor664

Anyone here do this sort of thing?

The singer from the band I was part of in the mid 90's just recently passed. Chris was such an enormous talent I'd really like others to hear what he did.
I'm not really looking to sell anything or promote any events, nor do I need the attention myself.
I've been feeling nostalgic and going through many recordings. I have tons of 4-track cassette tapes of practices, some old shows and of course the band's demos. If ever a band I worked with could have had a shot that was the band.  I'd love to see the material get a second life on the internet.

Please tell me of your experiences or what you think.

Also please take a listen and feel free to turn a friend on to it. I have some of the material up on Soundcloud, but I plan to do some better digital transfers and eventually make the recordings available for download.

[cloudset]https://soundcloud.com/emdthatsme/sets/sow-demo-1994[/cloudset]

Hemisaurus

Stick 'em on Bandcamp, set the PayPal to yours (or his) favourite charity.

All ours go to the local animal shelter, no idea if we earn them much money, but it's there.

James1214

that sucks, Eric. My condolences. i still have the burned SOW cd in my leaning tower of cases. it actually makes it in the player a few times a year. Hemi's idea is a damn fine one.
words