Your very first musical instrument

Started by Plywood, February 19, 2019, 11:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plywood

Mine was this thing and ain't it beaut?

Still in tune after all these yrs in storage (just amazing how they can do that)

socket

Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

mortlock

nice bass plywood. i got a sears bass from the 60s that im itching to play but its not playable in its current state. need parts. the bridge just plain sucks and the tuners fucked up. at least one is for sure.

Plywood

Thanks. I believe it is a Sears cheapo. Sounds uniquely awful when plugged in very hollow.

RAGER

Harmonica first then guitar then drums and about 5-6 years ago I got heavily into synths of all sorts.
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

$50 used trumpet at 10 > $350 new alto sax at 12 > $10 electric guitar at 13 > $150 used Guild S-90 guitar at 14. Full disclosure: before getting the trumpet, I banged on pots & pans for years.
Livin' The Life.

mortlock

my first was a peavey t-40 bass. it was heavy as fuck and had a crack in the neck but it got me started on my path to wasting my life chasing a dream that never came true.

Plywood

My first guitar. Ibanez "Lawsuit era" Les Paul. Someone offered $400 but I felt obligated to tell him that the tailpiece and bridge pickup (pickup I replaced & lost -very stupid of me) aren't original then he offered $250 so I said nah. I'm glad.