Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Instant Dan

Just acquired Rowdybeer's modded Vox wah. The bass response and sweep you can do on it is fucking awesome.

I suppose I should delete my other thread.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=190499349846&si=DquE4Da7ZZuEjjpFruYOBQzhJyQ%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

hayseed

Since my last post on this thread, I picked up a Sunn Coliseum 300 in great shape (AND IT CRUSHES BTW), a 67? Sunn 2x15 (one original Guitar Transducer and one Jensen Special design) and a EH Bass Big Muff. I am hoping to get another 2x15 cab this week. It may turn out to be a Peavey 2x15 for now until i  find a matching Sunn 2x15 but it will do for my purposes. Both cabs need reloaded so a speaker purchase is in my future as well
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

Instant Dan

I just put on hold, a reconstructed 1982 Marshall 2204 for 700. No more gear for me till mid-march at earliest.

Instant Dan

Now I just need a good 2x12 and some more pedal-love.

DustinAR

Laney GH100L Guitar Amp
Avatar Contemporary 4x12 Cab (with Vintage Celestion 30s) to match my other Avatar made the same way
Black Arts Toneworks Pharaoh Pedal

VOLVO)))

Love that 2204. All amps should be that way.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

hayseed

Quote from: hayseed on February 09, 2011, 08:50:46 AM
Since my last post on this thread, I picked up a Sunn Coliseum 300 in great shape (AND IT CRUSHES BTW), a 67? Sunn 2x15 (one original Guitar Transducer and one Jensen Special design) and a EH Bass Big Muff. I am hoping to get another 2x15 cab this week. It may turn out to be a Peavey 2x15 for now until i  find a matching Sunn 2x15 but it will do for my purposes. Both cabs need reloaded so a speaker purchase is in my future as well
Well the 2nd 2x15 cab turned out to be an absolute cherry Fender Bassman 2x15 loaded with EV SROs. It sounds great with the Sunn head and cab. Still searching for a Sunn cab but this will do. I can see a new bass on the horizon. I have a lead on a G&L Tribute with a natural swamp ash finish..but things change.
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

Discö Rice

Look what I got!

I've been playing one-footed for almost a year, had a Trick Bigfoot for a day before I had to return it ($#%^&!#$%!!!!), and I've been too shit-ass broke to buy another pedal, but I finally did it, and I was only able to do it because of this:

Not bad for a used, upgraded version of a DW 5002. (It has the 9000 series aluminum cams, and a diamond plate steel base, but is otherwise identical to the 5002)

Calloo callay!!
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

justinhedrick

got a peavey 2x12 cabinet that is the size of a 4x12 with the 2 speakers on top and a bass scoop on the bottom for free. tring to sell some stuff so i can buy a piece of birch plywood and make a new baffle for 2x15s.

i also bought a new one spot power supply. i'm lame.

Volume

Catalinbread HyperPak. Sounds pretty good through my Valve Jr. I need to compare it to my Box of Rock next time I'm at our practice space.

grimniggzy

Most Recent Treats \/

&

All pretty solid. I need to make a 2nd board (I'm thinkin' PT Mini) so I can have these in the rotation more.
My Pt JR is filled up with all my current standards (OC-2, QTron, RAT II, Prunes&Custard, Fromel EQ, Chorus, VT Bass)
I have to figure out a way to make 2 boards work. Since 2 of the pedals I want to add are filters and they go towards the front of the chain. But I'd also like the PT Mini to be able to stand alone for a quick grab and go board.
Looks like some more coily cables are going to be in order.

VOLVO)))

I want a Qtron for my bass board.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

MichaelZodiac

I went to a shop here to get a Korg Pitchblack, they didn't have it in stock. They did however have a Nano Bassballs in stock, grabbed that one. I'm getting that GFS tuner instead the coming month. My old Boss tuner doesn't work anymore and is beyond repair. The Bassballs works pretty well in combination with my Supercollider, really cool for some accents, I can go from playing the same riff pretty spacey to straight stoner/doom by switching it off.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

giantchris

I got an old Acoustic 120 Bass amp head for 90$ off of craigslist.  Original owner even.  The dude had a sick old Warwick Streamer I got to play a little.

Instant Dan

Picked her up for a Benjamin. Has the LM308N inside. Wished I had my RAT2 to compare side by side. Going by memory this one sounds a little less compressed.

the diddler

Just picked up a TC Flashback delay- cool features, though I doubt I'll ever do the toneprint download bullshit.  Enough different types of sounds in it already

clockwork green

^I said the same thing when I got mine but some of the toneprints are pretty cool. They have toneprints that sound crazy and some that off slight improvements on the stock tone (especially with more realistic tape echoes).
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

moose23

A Peavey Mace 2x12 combo and a Peavey Butcher Head, the Butcher is being sold on to a friend once it arrives..

Just need a fancy delay and some PA gear and I'm done for a while (famous last words).

grimniggzy

Quote from: SunnO))) on September 23, 2011, 05:33:37 PM
I want a Qtron for my bass board.

Do it. The older big ones in the metal box are where its at, thos and the "Mini". For the XO & Micro ones the circuit has been changed.

Glitchyghost

Yo. First post (I think) in the SRL Jam Room, long-time poster in the OG forums.  Took me a while to find my way back.

I offer ye up to the DOOM Gods...

bloodofkings

Can I have it? (In Lippy's absence, I need to write a disclaimer.)
I can't crap for shit.

VOLVO)))

Rock and Roll Koi.

I miss Lippy.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bitter

Yeah lip was a good dude.

Koi, that's sweet man.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Glitchyghost

Hell yeah, I remember Lippy and the "can I have it" response.  He's not around any more I take it then?  Bummer.

And no you can't have it, but if you're ever in my town, or if I'm in yours, you can sure as Hell play it.

bloodofkings

All joking and reminiscing aside, she is beautiful. I'd like to just hear it, it's too pretty for me to touch.
I can't crap for shit.