Main Menu

More craigslist wtf!

Started by Hemisaurus, January 13, 2012, 08:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

ryansummit

I,Galactus

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Hemisaurus

if the guy was nearer, or gas was cheaper, I'd buy it.

dogfood

And, if I were nearer and gas were cheaper, I'd stop you from wasting $40.  Hell, I'd stop you if you talked him down to free.
Problem solving whiskey!

justinhedrick

Quote from: Hemisaurus on September 09, 2012, 04:35:38 PM
if the guy was nearer, or gas was cheaper, I'd buy it.

i probably would too. I honestly kind of like the shape of the body, just not the headstock.

bass sic

This is a response I got tonight. Think its legit???
Kasten Daniel kasten.danieel@gmail.com
9:53 PM (2 hours ago)

to me
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Am really satisfied and I
appreciate your honesty,I think your price is quite okay,I'll have it
$1250.I'm buying this as surprise re-union gift for my brother so I
wouldn't want him to know of this until it get delivered to him. I
would have love to come at least to see what am buying but I've just
been discharged from the hospital due to a bomb blast injury I
sustained while on duty service in Kabul Afghanistan and my Orthopedic
doctor advice that I should be on wheelchair for 3months for the bone
to recuperate. I will start making arrangement concerning the pickup
at your place once I read back from you so you've got nothing to worry
about am going to handle shipping. Regarding payment, I will be making
payment via my secure paypal account so I need you to get back to me
with your paypal email address, pickup address, so I can proceed on
with making the payment in a meaningful time frame. I look forward
reading back from you.Dan,USAF

bitter

Dude got blown up in Afghanistan. You better give him the bro price. ::)
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Hemisaurus

http://www.scambook.com/report/view/108417/kastendaniel1gmailcom-Complaint-108417-for-$643.00

We posted a tanning bed on craigslist for $2000.00. A man named Kasten Daniel became interested in the post and he replied back numerous times asking questions about the tanning bed. He informed me that he could pay $1900.00 through paypal. I agreed to this since I would only be losing $100.00. Kasten sent me another email back saying that he would also send money for a money gram so his pick-up agent can pick the tanning bed up and deliver to his wife in North Carolina. The amount for the money gram was $600.00 and he included $100.00 for any extra cost that might occur. I received an email from Paypal saying that in order for the money to occur in my account I must first show proof of a money gram in order to protect the buyer and the seller. I emailed paypal back and forth several times complaining that I do not have the money and that I would need the $600.00 being sent to me in order to send the money gram. Paypal continued to send messages informing me that the money could not be broken up in sections and that the transaction could not be closed. I have always used paypal so I assumed this was a safe transaction. The next day I borrowed the money for the moneygram from my brother assuring him I would pay him back that day. I later received another email from paypal saying that the transaction was complete and since the sum was a great amount to wait 12 business hours for the transaction to take place. The transaction never came so I then called paypal and informed them of this situation and they replied saying they never received any money and they have no record of $2600.00 waiting to enter my bank account. I forwarded the email to a lady I spoke to at paypal and she replied back informing me the email was fake. So now I owe my brother $600.00 and I am out of $2600.00. The pick up agent was Jamiu Momodu, north carolina.

I,Galactus

Best response I got lately:

Quotejennifer sanc <lovecatslady5@gmail.com>    Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Reply-To: lovecatslady2@gmail.com
To: ksthx-3270501878@sale.craigslist.org
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams

--
hi,
   are u ready to sell of now?

jennifer sanchez

LOLWUT
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Jake

Quote from: bass sic on September 19, 2012, 11:58:54 PM
This is a response I got tonight. Think its legit???

Every CL response that's not something like, "Hey man, do you still have the _______? Would you take $___ for it?" is a fraud/scam/fake/bullshit.
poop.

bass sic

I was being sarcastic. It's unreal how many fuckers read my ad that says FIRM, and then offer me less than half. Oh well, good excuse to keep my gear.

Jake

Ok, gotcha.

Another absurd thing I see more frequently on CL is people who list items they're interested in trading for something WAY, WAY more valuable.

For example: Some dude was trying to trade some little, shitball, RadioShack caliber PA speakers for a Gibson SG. Specifically not an Epiphone SG. A Gibson SG.
poop.

Hemisaurus

I posted the guy with the BC Rich Bronze Warlock, that he valued at $650, right. Two other people are now listing theirs at $150 (used) and $199 (new) every time he renews his posts ;D

Good thing to watch for on simple craigslist scams, when the From: email address and the Reply-To: email address are different, ie. hit reply, see what email address comes up, then hit cancel. If they're different report that sucker.

bass sic

Quote from: Jake on September 20, 2012, 05:04:13 PM
Ok, gotcha.

Another absurd thing I see more frequently on CL is people who list items they're interested in trading for something WAY, WAY more valuable.

For example: Some dude was trying to trade some little, shitball, RadioShack caliber PA speakers for a Gibson SG. Specifically not an Epiphone SG. A Gibson SG.

The guy I work with was telling me today he always lists the price, and or trade for a dump truck. Because who the fuck has a dump truck to trade.

Hemisaurus

Round here, lotsa people. I was thinking about trying to trade some of my bass gear for a tractor w/ mower.

Jake

That looks like it could make a swell drum machine.

poop.

bitter

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Hemisaurus

Looks like a melting Burns Bison, can you find me the bass version? ;D

bbottom

Hemisaurus

That's uglier than the homemade teardrop, you got to be a special someone to love something like that.

dogfood

10K and it has a bolt on neck with the body wood stripped to look like a neck thru?!  ::)
Problem solving whiskey!

bass sic

And he thinks it's spalted maple? For 10 k you better be damn sure of what it's made of.