What are YOU up to, DIY/projectwise? Ask for help?

Started by VOLVO))), February 16, 2013, 11:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James1214

Haha, I hope it doesn't take that long. If it's not done by the time I turn 40 im giving up. And that gives me almost 2 more years.
words

RAGER

That's a big undertaking James. But sounds like an ideal creative space.
No Focus Pocus

James1214

All the outlets are done, running lighting this week. A bunch of dimmable halo LEDs. Then the insulation and drywall can begin. Plugging along nicely. Trying to bang out the electrical as quickly as my buddy ass schedule well allow, ask I can get this big ol' stack of material (drywall and plywood) out of the middle of the floor.

Pondering paint color, I think I may go with charcoal walls.....
words

Muffin Man

makes sense, charcoal paint probably gives a good backdrop for the disco mirror-ball. Then your live cast would have pop.

Another thought - wire in some boundary mics to record the room. Run the wires to a panel.

example. these were just announced. No affiliation.
https://gearspace.com/board/new-product-alert/1406752-introducing-pac-116-boundary-microphone-teegarden-audio.html?highlight=boundary+mics#post16550758

RAGER

Quote from: Muffin Man on June 11, 2023, 08:42:22 PMmakes sense, charcoal paint probably gives a good backdrop for the disco mirror-ball. Then your live cast would have pop.

Another thought - wire in some boundary mics to record the room. Run the wires to a panel.

example. these were just announced. No affiliation.
https://gearspace.com/board/new-product-alert/1406752-introducing-pac-116-boundary-microphone-teegarden-audio.html?highlight=boundary+mics#post16550758

That's a great idea. On the cheaper side you could just mount a couple 57's in the corners with afros cuz you're gonna be wood working. Great for capturing jams if you've swapped over and didn't mic up.

Also if you wanted to include some ambient room sounds for wood shop videos.

Way back before I bought an H4 I mounted 2 57's in the room to a Realistic tape deck for jams.
No Focus Pocus

James1214

Since there'll be a computer hooked up anyway for the 3d printers (yeah, I have too many damn hobbies) I'll have a cabinet below with my interface and a snake, so putting up mics wont be a huge hassle. I plan on having mics already mounted on everything except the drums, so I'll wheel out cabs, plug shit in and be ready to go. That said, some 57's in the room, for a simple stereo setup would be pretty sweet, and I have a bunch kicking around, so maybe a semi-permanent install is in order.
words