Wytch Hazel

Started by Damocles74, February 22, 2012, 07:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damocles74

Before you start making jokes, just understand that it seems as though it's "meant" to be lo-fi and loose. It may be a bit of contrived irony to delve into the 80's cache of pimples, bangs, simple lyrics and spandex, but these dudes pull it off...I think.

8-bit warrior metal \M/
Redditor Lucis Aeternae

RacerX

Try trolling a little harder.
Livin' The Life.

Damocles74

It's not trolling if I'm the one that created a music thread...in a music review forum.
     If you still have hurt feelings over the way things were left - the thrashing I gave you before, then please leave it in a forum where I may teach you another lesson of the wrist-crushing variety <3
Redditor Lucis Aeternae

RacerX

Quote from: Damocles74 on February 22, 2012, 11:04:26 PM
It's not trolling if I'm the one that created a music thread...in a music review forum.

You posted 2 videos in the album review forum. Keep trying, though...

Livin' The Life.

MadJohnShaft

This 74 guy is flipping out on us eh? But only in the slow motion album reviews forum - A+ for originality.

So why am I looking at this YouTube video again? It's not good and I just saw their matching bulges.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

Dunedin

Quote from: Damocles74 on February 22, 2012, 07:01:36 PM
Before you start making jokes,
Are you not onto a bit of a loser if you start your post on a negative Damocles? Sounds like your actually aware that they are just not all that. The matching bulges are just plain ridiculous, it takes a Yorkshireman of Biff Byfords standing to pull that off.
Lemur Demands Back Scratches!

Damocles74

It's not negative to preempt my thread this way when I know full well how retarded you people can be.  ;D
     It's funny how the people who matter least seek out my threads the most.

I leave you to your own miserable devices, good day.
Redditor Lucis Aeternae

RacerX

QuoteIt's funny how the people who matter least seek out my threads the most.

For people who don't matter much, we sure got yer panties in a bunch, eh?
Livin' The Life.

MadJohnShaft

I'm pre-trolling on the Nternet for attention too.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

GodShifter

Great thread, guys!

I fail to see how the OP falls under a album review in the least. Just because a certain person refuses to use the GD on principle doesn't mean you can clutter up other forums because of that.

Tell you what I'm gonna do: I'm gonna let this one slide due to the fact that, well, I'm just going to. In the future, however, please pick the appropriate forum for your topics - choose wisely grasshoppah.

I realize things are somewhat fast and loose on these here forums, but look at this message as an attempt to try and rectify that a bit. kthankxbai  ;D

Damocles74

Well then how does a "looking for band recommendations" thread fit the album review criteria?
     But it's a small matter. Just pressing my face up against the glass and looking in on the asylum ;D
Redditor Lucis Aeternae

GodShifter

Fact is, it doesn't. So, I would have to refer you back to the last statement of my first post in this thread in terms of your query.

RacerX

Quote from: Damocles74 on February 28, 2012, 09:29:02 PMJust pressing my face up against the glass and looking in on the asylum ;D

You seem a bit confused. Let me help you out: You're inside the asylum.
Livin' The Life.

Damocles74

Yeah, but I'm more like...

You folk are more like.... :P
Redditor Lucis Aeternae

RacerX

Quote from: GodShifter on February 28, 2012, 10:22:28 AM
Tell you what I'm gonna do: I'm gonna let this one slide due to the fact that, well, I'm just going to. In the future, however, please pick the appropriate forum for your topics - choose wisely grasshoppah.

I realize things are somewhat fast and loose on these here forums, but look at this message as an attempt to try and rectify that a bit. kthankxbai  ;D
Livin' The Life.

JemDooM

geez why so mean to Damocles for a small mistake on a forum?, chill your ass ;)

Damocles, they self-released a two track single CD, I really like it because they self recorded with a 4 track Tascam Portastudio and 70's amps, it sounds like an old 70's recording which makes a change from all the professional and sometimes sterile recordings of today, their songs are really genuinly good with influences from the 70's but a load of other stuff, in their own words Henry VIII, Palestrina, medieval organum and renaissance mortet, it'll be interesting to hear what else they do in the future. Its long sold out now but they are planning to have it released on vinyl and now they are working on an EP. I saw them live recently and they were really good, I reckon theyre definetly one to watch out for, even if they do dress like Jareth from the Labyrinth, which is kind of cool...
DooM!