Pallbearer-Sorrow and Extinction

Started by Dr. Skeeter, February 29, 2012, 02:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SabbathJeff

I've been digging this alot since I got my grubby hands on a copy, and man, this has staying power.  I saw them last May at vitus bar, and the riffs sounded so powerful, positive, sorrowful, borderline angelic...that I had to walk out on Loss after two songs because it sounded too negative to my ears after what Pallbearer laid down.  the harmonies live are absolutely gorgeous, and yeah, upon first listen I was like Arkansas?  There's an Arkansas in Britain?
Burn Everything Ash

Cinders Smolder Life

Fresh Crop Harvest

Eat. Sleep. Stonerrock.

Dylan Thomas

I remember playing with them and they were definitely heavy.  I can't get into the album though, it really does nothing for me.  Honestly I find it really, really boring and difficult to connect with emotionally.

The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

SabbathJeff

Wow Andy, I hear you, but this album is special.  It's as beautiful as As Heaven Turns To ash, but with soaring harmonies added and Warning-esque vocals (?)...for me it's nearly all about the emotion, the tones, the riffs, the harmonies and melodies just accentuate this entire feeling of....I don't know..this uplifting yet sorrowful feeling washes over me the entire hour.  I can't explain it.  I hadn't had that feeling in a long time before I picked my copy of this one up, the first listen was something I wish I could recreate, but of course every album that hits this hard the first time says what they have to say once, each listen afterwards is just to bask in the sweet memories.  It's so traditional yet the modern production made even the heaviest, muddiest riffs cut you to the bone with their clarity.  I fucking LOVE the atmosphere on this thing.

Bah, to each his own :)
Burn Everything Ash

Cinders Smolder Life

Fresh Crop Harvest

Eat. Sleep. Stonerrock.