I'm hungry...

Started by mertzy, December 09, 2012, 07:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mertzy

MadJohnShaft

Yes!

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p520/madjohnshaft/photo-47.jpg

In the bottom is some small potatoes, leaks, and so on with one of my hippy chickens browned and resting on top. In the paper is some sausage stuffing with tons of great stuff in it. With some stock. In the oven for 1.5 hours.

Yes! It's gone and I forgot to photo it all carved up and laid in a happy bowl with some grilled bread and parsley.  The potatoes were perfect. Also great was the breast, perhaps because it steamed sitting up on top like that?

However the best part was that stuffing cooked in paper.  Using that rolled up pouch technique - You could have a 'design your own meatloaf' party. That was the star of the show.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

mertzy

That looks soooooooo good!

MadJohnShaft

Sorry - that's a raw state, but still.

mertzy

MadJohnShaft

Cooks Illustrated current issue - they don't have an online way to copy paste because I believe you have to pay...

http://www.cooksillustrated.com/recipes/article.asp?docid=41562&parentdocid=38649 

I,Galactus

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

MadJohnShaft

RAGER

I'd post a jpeg depicting redundancy if I could
No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

A snake eating its own tail, with chorizo?

I,Galactus

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

RAGER

I was going to do a stuffed pork tenderloin but the loin I thawed out smelled a bit sulphuric.  if i was gonna stew it in a ragu i prolly would have used it or if it was ribs i def would have but since I like loin just done i chucked it.  Got some bacon already browned so maybe I'll do pasta all carbonara.  Fuck
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

hoffmans hotdogs with yellow mustard and coach tonys meat hot sauce on a hard roll..

mertzy

Had some friends over to watch the fight and help me hang curtains...fed them roast beef with boiled parsley potatoes for dinner....

RAGER

I made Biff Stew with balsamic roasted cabbage and cauliflower.  And a nice chunk of focaccia

No Focus Pocus

Soundgardenia

A couple of weeks ago I bullied a russian friend into asking her mother to cook me some borscht, so, finally, they invited me to go to their place and get a russian feast with borscht included. I'm ridiculously happy.
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

RAGER

Goat meat tacos tonight!!!
No Focus Pocus

Soundgardenia

Going to do a gazpacho today, but what I really feel like eating is something along the lines of a spinach soup, since the weather is all rainy.
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

GodShifter

I tried gazpacho in Spain and hated it, but I'm not Iberian so it's probably a cultural thing. Cold tomato soup with vegetables, as I recall? No thanks. Paella rules, though, (a Spanish dish I remember liking).

Cabrito, is no bueno in my book. I don't even like the goat's milk candies that are so popular in Mexico. No thank you.

Soundgardenia

Cabrito is delicious... Specially oven roasted. Yum!
Gazpacho is an acquired taste. Didn't really like it until a couple of years ago. It's cheap and easy to do and convenient to take to work.

RAGER

Tacos de chivo/cabrito whatever you want to call it.

For dinner tonight I'll turn the leftovers into sopa de chivo.  Roasted chiles, lots of broth and garbanzos
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mertzy

I just had cheddar, cream cheese. & jalapeƱo wrapped in bacon....yum

peoplething

30F, middle of winter in minnesota

Barbeque?

sure, why not.

hickory smoked ribs with corky's bbq sauce (thank you semiramis, wherever you are), garlic collards w/ ham, potato salad and cornbread (from a box, because I don't know squat about baking). and a few hopslams.

I also smoked a brisket, you might be able to see it in the cast iron cauldron . But, that will have to be finished tomorrow in the oven.

"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator