Who is baking / cooking what for Christmas?

Started by mertzy, December 23, 2012, 07:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mertzy

I'm baking pumpkin bread and sort of making tamales, rice, and beans...

bitter

We just made some box brand brownies, but with some peppermint bark added. They taste great.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Jor el

I do Punkin Bread for Thanksgiving.

Today I'm baking a Ginger Bread with a Lemon Glaze, an Eggnog Bread with a Nutmeg-Bourbon Icing, and some brownies and cookies of some sort.
What Would Scooby Do ?

I,Galactus

3 dozen sugar cookies (to be frosted upon arrival)
2 dozen snicker-doodles
2 dozen oatmeal choc chip
2 dozen oatmeal toffee

All bundled up and ready to go to grandma's tomorrow and be presented to kiddos en masse in lieu of presents that cost money.

No pics, but tested by your truly for quality.  A+
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Soundgardenia

I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

Soundgardenia

Rabanadas are done and now soaking into sugar, cinnamon and lemon syrup-y water.

Now washing dishes and moving into the aletria!
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

Soundgardenia

You're cordially invited to come over tomorrow for dinner

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

Soundgardenia

Well, if you can't make it tomorrow, you can be my +1 at Casa de Sativa and DirtyPillows on the 25th (did an extra batch for them). :)

Soundgardenia

Aletria is done... I tried to be fancy but made this (delicious) mess:

Soundgardenia

Also got some chicken marinating for tomorrow:

it's pretty much drowned in white wine with lemon grass, lemons, minced garlic, onions, paprika, salt and pepper.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

RAGER

Never marinate in citrus for more than 5 hours max.

/pro tip
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

I kind of got out of doing much cooking this year.  i defer to my girls family.  It's too soon for me to be butting in and taking over the kitchen.  I ten to be a bit of a know it all.  (see above statement aboot marninating).  Gotta give it a couple years then I'll take over.

Just a couple apps this year.  something similar to this

and a plate of these.
No Focus Pocus

Soundgardenia

Is that cucumber on the second pic? I'm not a fan of cucumber but it looks delicious!

Ok, so, I think I'm going to buy myself a garlic chopper as a late Christmas gift... I hate mincing garlic, yet, it's necessary in about 70% of my recipes:

(Pictured above: hate, desperation and prep for deliciousness)

Punched Potatos loaded with sautéed garlic!

RAGER

Those taters look awesome.  yes those are English cukes filled with feta and some herbs and stuff.
No Focus Pocus