Tajine/Tagine

Started by mertzy, January 27, 2013, 05:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mertzy

Do any of you own/cook in one? I'm really wanting try it....looks amazing.

RAGER

Yep.  I call it a Dutch oven :D  Seriously though they're cool looking for presentation and all but not totally necessary.  Just haven't actually purchased one yet.
No Focus Pocus

mertzy

A Dutch oven is probably more practical...I don't own either....yet.

berrugal

Hehe... I've had several of the more plain looking ones.
They work pretty well.

Still I  usually eat tajine outside not at home...
Regarding the map, we are lost

Chovie D

Quote from: RAGER on January 27, 2013, 07:27:27 PM
Yep.  I call it a Dutch oven :D  Seriously though they're cool looking for presentation and all but not totally necessary.  Just haven't actually purchased one yet.

how the fuck can i get my wife to stop buying kitchen shit like that?

our kitchen is small and overflowing and everytime she buys another contraption she moves everything around to make space for it, so when i go to cook i cannot find anything and if I so much as touch any item on any shelf  everything comes crashing down on me...there is not one inch of free counterspace anymore...the sink is constantly filled wiht parts for juicers and steamers and weird peelers., etc. FUUUUCK!

MadJohnShaft

We have one we brought back from Fez but we don't use it cause it's too pretty (you can use a Dutch oven in America)

When we were in Morocco for two weeks we ate Tagine meals until we were turning native. Delicious food, if a bit bland as is the North African style.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

juggernaut

Quote from: Chovie D on January 28, 2013, 09:22:14 AM
Quote from: RAGER on January 27, 2013, 07:27:27 PM

how the fuck can i get my wife to stop buying kitchen shit like that?

our kitchen is small and overflowing and everytime she buys another contraption she moves everything around to make space for it, so when i go to cook i cannot find anything and if I so much as touch any item on any shelf  everything comes crashing down on me...there is not one inch of free counterspace anymore...the sink is constantly filled wiht parts for juicers and steamers and weird peelers., etc. FUUUUCK!

We should start a support group together.  I'm in the same boat.  Don't forget about the 500 different pieces of serving dishware.

RAGER

Post pics of your bouillon spoons!!
No Focus Pocus