Pissy

Thoughts?

I.have.spacebar.problems.

really.
It's/annoying.
no.tab.either
Vinyls.   deal.

The Shocker

It made me so angry that I stopped at episode 7 or 8.

Pissy

You should finish it for the sake of completion.

It is certainly enough to make your blood boil. They're people from my neck of the woods.

It showed me why it's necessary to not go through life being dumb. Right or wrong you will be taken advantage of.
Vinyls.   deal.

Lumpy

Seen some stuff on Facebook about it, saying the documentary doesn't show all the evidence (the prosecutor says that...)
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

amadkins

I've been reading up on it whilst watching. There are definitely some head scratching pieces of evidence that were left out of the series. Still not enough to convict had I been a juror tho.

socket

I thought it peaked by ep 6, honestly. [spoiler] Confessions are hard as fuck to recant. I thought the WM3 defense kind of fell apart by the end. No way I would have convcted Steve tho. The kid was the issue. Super fucked up and sad.[/spoiler]
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

Dave J

Quote from: Lumpy on January 08, 2016, 05:50:24 PM
Seen some stuff on Facebook about it, saying the documentary doesn't show all the evidence (the prosecutor says that...)

I have seen an interview of the prosecutor, and read a number of articles about how the documentary is not telling the whole story. There clearly were a lot of problems, but by showing only one side of things the documentary is really just advocating for one side.

I don't want to go into many details so as not so spoil things, but there was some evidence that the judge excluded from the trial (which pointed toward his guilt) but which was not covered in the documentary. These were facts that at least should have been mentioned if you the viewer (not a jury) are being asked to believe this guy was 100% innocent.

Also, the documentary reveals some very compelling evidence that the cops planted DNA evidence on this guy. That helps fuel the outrage and does show the cops were out to get this guy. However, the documentary does not point out that there was also other DNA evidence linking the guy to the murder that could not have been planted.

"I wish I could talk in technicolor." -- volunteer housewife during acid experiment circa 1956

"Look at me! Look at me! Look at me now!
It is fun to have fun, but you have to know how."
--Cat In The Hat

The Shocker

My feeling is that he killed her, but the cops planted evidence on him.

sleestak

I agree but still where is all the blood?
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

The Shocker

He only had acres and acres of junkyard to off her.  Who knows though, the police didn't really establish where she was murdered.

I wonder if somebody else will do another documentary on the things that weren't in this one.  The West Memphis Three case had what, four documentaries?

sleestak

There were 3 of the WM3 but that was more of a case of mishandling evidence on three innocent people than this one was a deliberate pinning on a guy that probably is guilty.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

The Shocker

Also a theatrical documentary "West Of Memphis."

Dunedin

I'm up to episode 5 but I've read enough online to know what happens overall though.

Based on what I've seen I think he didn't do it and he's been framed again. Either somebody with a grudge against him did it, knowing that the cops hated him and wouldn't look anywhere else, or someone with a grudge against her (and knew she had dealings with Avery) did it, knowing that the cops hated him and wouldn't look anywhere else.
Lemur Demands Back Scratches!

juan11

We watched it over a weekend without knowing the verdict.  Pretty wild ride that way--  super WTF? moment at the verdict.
srl = advancing our core selves in the spirit to be best

ron

I just binged this thing... what the fuck is in Wisconsin water?
Man, this show pissed me off.
Focus on the riff.