GTA V trailer released today!

Started by Mazrim, November 02, 2011, 05:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ayek

So far the game's met my expectations. Online mode's not up yet though, and there's issues with the iFruit app not working right.

ez

I'm anout 20% in and it's more than exceeded my expectations. I think it's the best game of the franchise yet, if not the best game ever (yes, I've played Ocarina of Time blah blah).

The world, the characters, the gameplay, the humour, the fucked-up-ness, the world. it's just all so goddamn beautiful.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

juggernaut

Quote from: ez on September 23, 2013, 02:52:47 AM
I'm anout 20% in and it's more than exceeded my expectations. I think it's the best game of the franchise yet, if not the best game ever (yes, I've played Ocarina of Time blah blah).

The world, the characters, the gameplay, the humour, the fucked-up-ness, the world. it's just all so goddamn beautiful.

I love it but I'm getting some really horrible graphics anomalies at night time.  There are a bunch of threads out there on it.  No on can seem to figure it out because it's not happening to everyone.  Really annoying.

bitter

Heh, that reminds me of an ARMA II (dayz possibly) glitch on a youtube vid that involved the nighttime environments erupting into flames for no reason. Everything was on fire :o
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Bro. Righteous

I'm digging it, just getting fucked-up about the transfer of characters....but in whole graphics,
open-play, character, missions are fucking awesome!

I ain't drunk - I'm just drinkin...

VOLVO)))

Trevor is so awesome while so fucking crazy.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

ez

Quote from: juggernaut on September 25, 2013, 01:46:04 PM

I love it but I'm getting some really horrible graphics anomalies at night time.  There are a bunch of threads out there on it.  No on can seem to figure it out because it's not happening to everyone.  Really annoying.

Not seen anything of the sorts yet. I'm using a newer, smaller PS3.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

juggernaut

Quote from: ez on September 26, 2013, 04:02:42 AM

It seems to be hit and miss.  Lot of people are having the issue but I would say the majority of people it runs fine.  I have the newest 360 and have the problem.  My other friend has the same one and it looks great.   

Still a great game so far.

ez

Quote from: juggernaut on September 26, 2013, 04:15:37 PM

It seems to be hit and miss.  Lot of people are having the issue but I would say the majority of people it runs fine.  I have the newest 360 and have the problem.  My other friend has the same one and it looks great.   

Would it maybe be related to the 360 play from disc vs download problem? I think I heard that the game runs better if it was downloaded as opposed to the physical format. or maybe it was the other way around.

Demon Lung

Look great on my 360.

Ayek

Quote from: SunnO))) on September 25, 2013, 10:34:49 PM
Trevor is so awesome while so fucking crazy.

Yeah, he's been my favourite.

bbottom

Great game although (and I hate myself for even saying this) I could do without fuck being used every other word

juggernaut

Quote from: ez on September 26, 2013, 06:32:47 PM
Quote from: juggernaut on September 26, 2013, 04:15:37 PM

Would it maybe be related to the 360 play from disc vs download problem? I think I heard that the game runs better if it was downloaded as opposed to the physical format. or maybe it was the other way around.

The problem you're talking about is how the game streams.   It was meant to stream from two locations simultaneously which is why they recommended you install disc 1 on a local storage device and then stream from the actual play disc.  People who downloaded the digitial version or installed both discs were getting a lot of texture pop in and lag.

That wasn't my problem but I did eventually get it fixed.  I was able to get it to look a lot better by turning the in game brightness way down, turning down my tv's brightness, and installing disc 1 to a usb 2.0 drive and then using the play disc in the drive.

ez

Damn, I had no idea 360 shit was so complicated. At least you got it fixed.

eoin_not_ian

I completed the story mode which surprised me. It took me nearly a year to finish GTA IV. Mission checkpoints made a big difference as previously when I would get stuck on a particular part of a mission, it just put me off the game entirely.

Great game, my only complaint is that the 'rock' radio channels are a bit rubbish compared to Vice City or San Andreas.

Bro. Righteous

Holy fuck, how long did it take you fuckers to land that plane?

I musta went thru 12-beers doing that fucking scene....fucking GTA always
fucking w/you like that - I bought the strip...digging the dune-buggy!

fallen

Isn't this screengrab from Los Santos?

Look at how blocky that shit looks now lol.

Mr Neutron

I enjoyed this game immensely when it first came out. I dug the story progression, and the weird character shift.
Got about 40% through, and just gave up. Now, i just fuck around every time i play. Climb buildings and shoot blimps, go swimming and fight sharks, try and crash planes into pedestrians, blow up everything....
it really is the best game that you don't even have to try and play like an actual game.
"Where words fail, music speaks."

VOLVO)))

Man, the story is really worth playing through
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Bro. Righteous

Man, finally made it to the end of this fucker (story-line) anyway, always freaks me out when I see
the final credits roll at the end....all in all, I much preferred the previous GTA's, I really did not like the
3-main character switching (should of just had Trevor) and hardly felt compelled to do much of the side-mission/exploratory stuff....and for the most part the music playlist was average.

...hmmm...so now what, any news on any new extended game play like the biker one and 80's club scene extra games in GTA 4, I hardly keep on top of this shit.
Any reason to keep playing GTA V or is it just all fucking around at this point, I like the fact I have over
a million$ to blow on the characters - ha.

7/10

andreto

I have just started playing, so far i am loving it.

tossom

I might have another go at this game tonight, don't think I completed the assassination missions or much of the side missions.  Generally if I stick the game on it is when I am drunk and fancy mindless car crashes, pretty much the way Mr Neutron plays!
"Beige rock"

irratebass

Living a Burt Reynolds lifestyle on Mac Davis budget

Soundgardenia

I'm trying to test out heists but the sessions are always packed. I'm more of a survival type of person, but I'm extremely curious about this new thing. Any of you guys tried it yet?
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

irratebass

Quote from: Soundgardenia on March 12, 2015, 07:35:15 PM
I'm trying to test out heists but the sessions are always packed. I'm more of a survival type of person, but I'm extremely curious about this new thing. Any of you guys tried it yet?

Not yet, I was afraid the online community would be all blocked up like when the online started.....couldn't get on to save my life and the load times!!!!

I figure in about a month the newness will have worn off and I will be able to get in.
Living a Burt Reynolds lifestyle on Mac Davis budget