Restaurant blog

Started by RAGER, April 07, 2012, 03:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Yesterdays soup was buttermilk summer squash.  Sold pretty good.

Todays soup is San Marzano tomato bisque with roasted garlic cream swirled in and droplets of salsa verde (italian) and some cheesey crostini.  I'm thinking blue cheese.
No Focus Pocus

deleted account

I'm guessing the disregarded criticism was tot-related.  thanks to lowdaddy for inspiring the update.  one day perhaps someone will inspire the revealing of the restaurant's name!

Lumpy

I already said -- Have the staff wear hotpants, and those little bare midriff half t-shirts.

And maybe think of an outfit for the waitresses, too.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

GodShifter

So, like, where, maaan, is the "Fart Soup" thread  ???

Dunedin

So what's the place called again Rager? My friends play Portland on Oct 13th, I'll tell them to drop in.
Lemur Demands Back Scratches!

deleted account

Fart Soup thread is a long way off.  I need a photographer.  it'll still beat the mystery restaurant blog restaurant's name to the presses

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

prep for buttermilk summer squash soup
No Focus Pocus

Dunedin

Quote from: RAGER on August 25, 2012, 12:29:07 PM
cup o' soup

That looks fucking good. I wish I was doing merch for my friends.
Lemur Demands Back Scratches!

lowdaddy

i just read this whole thread.  does anyone have a pic of libertycaps they could post?  i very badly need to know what this person looks like.  so that, if i ever see him on the street, i can hit him with a brick.  in self defense.
jon eats a whole raw potato to take himself out of the mood.

MadJohnShaft

He looks like a fat ex-marine hippy pothead.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

I,Galactus

Quote from: Dunedin on August 25, 2012, 02:27:19 PM
Quote from: RAGER on August 25, 2012, 12:29:07 PM
cup o' soup

That looks fucking good. I wish I was doing merch for my friends.

Tasty looking indeed.  What's the stuff on the toast?  Cheese curds?
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

lowdaddy

jon eats a whole raw potato to take himself out of the mood.

GodShifter

Good stuff, Russell. Keep it coming. I'm actually learning n' stuff

/hurty head.

yeezuz

Quote from: Lumpy on August 24, 2012, 05:04:12 PM
I already said -- Have the staff wear hotpants, and those little bare midriff half t-shirts.

And maybe think of an outfit for the waitresses, too.
oh right, the breastaurant business is not saturated yet.

good on you Rager! i would attempt to eat your fart soup if i only knew where to buy it

GodShifter

Ha! I posted in the wrong thread up there  :-[. Still, good work in your blog, Russell.

'Fart Soup' is a Priest concoction, Xina. However, it's shrouded in almost as much mystery as the name of Rager's new restaurant.

RAGER

Had our first Health Dept inspection yesterday.  Got dinged for a couple insignificant things just "because" there wasn't anything else to get us on.  Typical local government authority rationalizing their existence.  All in all no biggie.

Todays soup is rosemary chicken and white bean.  Yesterdays mushroom and quinoa with lacinato was kick ass.
No Focus Pocus

deleted account

Lacinato is currently tied for first with Russian Red for top kale variety on my top 10 kale variety list

RAGER

I've had red kale but not sure if it was russian or chinese ;)

On a side note, I had to do some fast talking to not get us written up for not having ranch.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

See, that's an example where the hot pants could have helped. They're very distracting.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

deleted account

red kale is like regular green kale (super ruffley) only redder.  the Russkie variety's leaves are flat and shaped kinda like an elongated maple leaf and is either greeen or green with some red/ purple in it

RAGER

I was making a commie joke ???
No Focus Pocus

deleted account

MadJohnShaft

Kale chips - ever try them? Delicious.

I didn't plant a damn squash this year but a bunch came up like crazy - there's a yellow squash that came up from compost and it's going bonkers on me.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

deleted account

kale chips are good but they're kinda grocery store