Dave'sCookinShow!!

Started by black, June 22, 2016, 10:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muffin Man

Pissy

I can taste the salt and grit from here.  
Vinyls.   deal.

dnice

Mort, have you done a review of The Union Tavern in Sea Breeze, NY? that place is supposably haunted as shit.

mortlock

i have not done a union tavern episode but it has been on my list. i literally live like a 5 min drive from that place. i pass it on my way to the amusement park i work at in the summers.

i had no idea it was haunted but that might make for a great episode especially if i accidently film some anomaly. although it doesnt surprise me because theres alot of haunted shit around here. its right near the white ladys castle. look that shit up.

mortlock

from the original family that invented the garbage plate.

mortlock

dnice, just to give more history on that place. before it became the union tavern, was the reunion inn. that place closed and the union tavern went into the location. i used to pop in there from time to time to have a few beers. it was way more of a dive bar under that ownership. i havent been there as the union tavern. but im moving it way up on the list for dcs. i just looked at the menu. expensive as fuck. little hipsterish. ill probably go for lunch and get the $8 french onion soup and call it. hopefully i get some anomalies.

dnice

lol just go in there and get a beer and film. tell them it's stoner rock lives required.

Pissy

Quote from: mortlock on February 20, 2024, 07:54:30 PMfrom the original family that invented the garbage plate.

I can taste that thing from here.  

I love how the potatoes are on those plates.  

About 3,600 calories though.  
Vinyls.   deal.

dnice

What is the White Lady's Castle myth?
Weird New York
Off of Lakeshore Boulevard, on the park side, set back far from the road, are the remnants of a "castle." Legend has it that the "White Lady" had a daughter who disappeared at the hands of a predatory young suitor, and so the White Lady roams the lake-front to this very day, searching for her missing daughter.

Mort, perhaps you need to start a separate "Dave's Haunted Flower City" youtube series

mortlock

i literally have to drive by the white ladys castle to get to the union tavern.

RAGER

Quote from: mortlock on February 20, 2024, 08:13:05 PMdnice, just to give more history on that place. before it became the union tavern, was the reunion inn. that place closed and the union tavern went into the location. i used to pop in there from time to time to have a few beers. it was way more of a dive bar under that ownership. i havent been there as the union tavern. but im moving it way up on the list for dcs. i just looked at the menu. expensive as fuck. little hipsterish. ill probably go for lunch and get the $8 french onion soup and call it. hopefully i get some anomalies.

Just get the Date night Snackle Box.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

So i had to pain stakingly go back through every dcs vid and change the setting from 'made for kids' to 'not made for kids'. I never read the fine print and just assumed since my videos are ok for kids to watch that they should be labeled as such. Nope. Apparently when you tag them like that it disables comments and the algorythm lumps them in with kid vids like elmo or cartoon vids. Fucking stupid bullshit. I discovered it when i realized the comments were turned off. This is something newish because the older dcs vids didnt require me to specify. Losers.

mortlock

next gen black glove on the tour for a few vids.

dnice

I don't know why, but I like that there's always gloves on during the food presentation. This is quickly becoming my favorite food show. No long-winded opinion, just get to the point quickly.

mortlock

Quote from: dnice on February 25, 2024, 07:32:16 PMI don't know why, but I like that there's always gloves on during the food presentation. This is quickly becoming my favorite food show. No long-winded opinion, just get to the point quickly.
thanks man. much appreciated.

RAGER

Need an episode on laundering the gloves after a grueling road trip.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Quote from: RAGER on February 27, 2024, 01:14:06 PMNeed an episode on laundering the gloves after a grueling road trip.
not a bad idea. those gloves have never been laundered.

mortlock

First appearence of the gift from muffin man. Thank you for the amazing contribution.

Muffin Man

WOW! Cool, and an honor to be on your Dave's Cookin' Show "patrons" list.  Wanna know something wild? I just made a batch of slow cooked beef for sandwiches. Wild. Amazing coincidence.

I wanted to chop it but too messy for the first one out. Would've used Pissy's recipe but felt like winging it; Beef Pho paste, Hatch pepper dry spice mix, red Thai peppers (in oil), mushroom, dried onion, Beer, water, garlic. So tasty. I put the fresh onion under sans cheese. Cheese next time.

Muffin Man

Dave,
Check this out...have to email the author to get the deets but its AI designed to translate videos into other languages. Then you'd get search results in whatever languages.
Thread:
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=39512912
Click thread title to get to the author/demo

Pissy

Vinyls.   deal.

mortlock

Special shout out to keep it cool with sheets. Check out his channel. Link in description.