The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Hi Lunpy. Without knowing how far your friend goes with her cooking I'll just post a couple links. She probably already has a proper mortar and pestle right.

I bought my cooks shirt and Laap knife here. Guy is from around here and kinda works closely with Andy Ricker. His name is Austin Bush and has a great cookbook out.

https://www.outstandingmarketgoods.com/

Andy Rickers first book Pok Pok is great too.

Hot Sour Salty Sweet is also good.

I buy stuff from here frequently. Great produce.

https://importfood.com/

And stuff from here too

https://www.templeofthai.com/food/

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

For those on facebook, i found a cool group dedicated to the garbage plate. Its called serious garbage plate lovers. 

Muffin Man

Lumpy

Thanks for the links! I don't know why it says Ranger except I was on my iPad which has aggressive spell check.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Muffin Man

How a bout a select variety of noodle packs, some rice there too. Fun stuff?

Lumpy

I think she's got the Pok Pok book. Maybe an assortment of Pocky?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

Made birria tacos.
Different from my normal chili paste in that contains some warming spices and vinegar similar to recado but no annatto.

Strain all the solids out

With the meat

Had a lot so I made some into kind of an enchilada sauce for other stuff

Fry em up

The consommé on the side loaded up with lime juice onions cilantro and avocado.

This is the mix of chilis I used. But you must use guajillos for sure.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Cool. Appreciate the chili spread. I need a sauce pan, 2 sizes actually. Also a slow cooker.

RAGER

I love my cuisinart sauce pans. I rarely use a slow cooker.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Ha! The 'ole one-two punch. Did you ever read an issue of Juggs? I think I got one, one time.

RAGER

Curbside could be Honkers?  Right? 

I beat Lunpy to it.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Made posole the other day so I thought I'd make some old bay corn nuts too. Whoops.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

All this talk about tinned fish got me thinking. I've walked by this stuff a million times but I'm gonna pick some up tomorrow. Been looking at a few recipes. Not sure how the wife will feel about it. The list of things she doesn't like seems to be increasing. I think she was just placating me the first several years. Be a good thing to keep a few tins on hand.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Thats a bad sign. My guess is youre on that list.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

That Dace is awesome! The very brand. I used those fermented beans out of the can for a dish or two. Love that stuff but it is a little scary, but not that smelly, actually. Interesting texture. I just put the filets over rice but I'm sure we're gonna get schooled here - let it rip!

RAGER

I keep a bag of fermented black soy beans on hand always.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Is there a certain brand you like? I need to get a bag. I've heard they're good for the system.

RAGER

I think it's the Koon Chun douchi. Not totally sure cuz I have all kinds of weird shit in my pantry.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Thanks! That's points me in the right direction

RAGER

This looks very tasty. They serve this at a tapas place here.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

anyone ever sustain a food injury?
i got this scar from a lone elbow macaroni that was stuck to the plastic covering a stoffers mac and cheese. when i pulled it from the microwave and began tearing off the plastic this elbow stuck to it and flopped/fell off onto my hand. its was like 5 million degrees. the cheese was like molten lava.

Muffin Man

Ouch! That puffed up like a tortilla in a hot pan. Hope you got the balm or butter or whathaveyou on hand. Might be tender for a few.

RAGER

Goddammit be careful Morty!

Nice day yesterday so I fired up the Tao grill.
Poblanos for tacos.

Meat.
No Focus Pocus