Capt America Civil War

Started by mortlock, March 15, 2016, 08:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortlock

looks pretty killer. so happy to see spiderman.  the new costume looks good too. this almost feels like an avengers sequal as opposed to a capt America movie, with all the superheros present. I cant wait to see the black panther too.

irratebass

Black Panther baby!!!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Living a Burt Reynolds lifestyle on Mac Davis budget

mortlock

Great movie. It did feel like an avengers movie. The introduction of spiderman was awesome. Set up his next solo movie.

MadJohnShaft

We went at 9:30am on Sunday and it was empty so we got our favorite seats. Girls in it, like Dads like.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

sleestak

I'm hoping for a lot of wisecracks in it.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

Lumpy

Was it better than "Avengers: Age of Ultron"? Because that was kind of a waste of time and money.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

mortlock

Lumpy

The Spiderman reboot was unwatchable. (The first installment  -- I didn't even try to watch #2)

mortlock

they finally got spiderman right. best one yet and it was established so the new solo movie will not be an origins story.

Lumpy

Is this worth $12 and 2.5 hours of attention? Running out of time to see this in the theater, need answers.

I have a theory - if there are more than 3 Marvel superheroes in a movie, it's probably going to suck. Less than 3, you have a 70/30 chance it will be good.

Spiderman (Sam Raimi versions), Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, all good.

Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic 4 (didn't see that one though) - not good.

There's too many superheroes in this Captain America movie, which makes me think it will have a weak/convoluted plot, and a lot of incomprehensible action/explosions.

Dave J

Quote from: Lumpy on June 08, 2016, 10:05:47 PM
Is this worth $12 and 2.5 hours of attention? Running out of time to see this in the theater, need answers.

I have a theory - if there are more than 3 Marvel superheroes in a movie, it's probably going to suck. Less than 3, you have a 70/30 chance it will be good.

There's too many superheroes in this Captain America movie, which makes me think it will have a weak/convoluted plot, and a lot of incomprehensible action/explosions.

For what it is worth, I thought this was the best "Avengers" movie, and probably one of the best Marvel movies. It certainly has points to criticize, but overall I enjoyed the story and the action. 

I can see where you may not like it because there are a lot of superheroes, and there is no real character development on the new characters. But there is a fantastic fight seen with Ant-Man in my opinion.

I say go for it and just don't expect a lot of focus on the other superheroes.  By the way, I liked it and I am not even a Capt America fan.
"I wish I could talk in technicolor." -- volunteer housewife during acid experiment circa 1956

"Look at me! Look at me! Look at me now!
It is fun to have fun, but you have to know how."
--Cat In The Hat

MikeyT

Gonna try to see it today. Should cost me $1.   8)
'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

MikeyT

Quote from: sleestak on May 12, 2016, 07:40:39 AM
I'm hoping for a lot of wisecracks in it.

There was a good bit of humor in it. Didn't hear anyone else laugh, but I was chuckling to myself from time to time. Tried to be quiet about it because I didn't want to be a CHUCKLEDUCK!!  Oh, sorry.

Anyway, good stuff,  but I liked 'Captain America: Winter Soldier' a little better. Samuel Jackson's version of 'Nick Fury' and some of his scenes were cool in that one. This is a continuation of the 'Winter Soldier' story... but I guess maybe all of these Marvel movies are linked now. I've only seen a few of them.

I saw 'Wintersoldier' twice at the theater, and wanted to see it 3X, but failed to because I was detained by Hydra. Don't feel the need to see 'Civil War' again, but might anyway. Hey, it's a dollar on Mondays, so it's kind of hard to resist..

sleestak

I liked the first captain America but I was being sarcastic about the wisecracks.   I think they've shifted the focus on the superhero movies from the drama to the wisecracks a bit too far.  Humor is fine but it's like too much.   I think that's from the abundance of these "team" hero movies.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

MikeyT

Quote from: Lumpy on June 08, 2016, 10:05:47 PM

Hate to say it's an absolute, but I think there's a substantial amount of truth to your theory.

Anyway, I'm curious, is $12 pretty much the going price for movies at first run theaters across the country?