Equipment and shit

Started by MadJohnShaft, July 12, 2014, 05:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deleted account

act now and receive a free Tree Structure utensil rack!

black

At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

MadJohnShaft

Free 10" brand new Califalon™ Non stick skillet!

Found in alley leaning against a telephone pole when I went to get my beer CSA yesterday. Still had the packaging on it,
Some days chickens, some days feathers

Lumpy

Maybe it really did fall off the back of a truck?

I'm trying not to use non-stick anything, ever again (I don't wanna eat the coating). I think they are cool for low-heat applications. But I got tired of buying replacements every few years when they wear out, so I went with stainless steel. My parents have a non-stick pan that they've had for like 20 years - some of that non-stick is better than others.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

MadJohnShaft

Yeah, that stuff lasts maybe a year and then it needs replacing.

I bought a more expensive one from Linzt and Vale or whatever that store is called - it's more like hardened something or other that the normal non skid stuff. I've also been hiding it from everyone so they don't get a chance to leave food in it overnight or scrub it aggresively. I've just been rinsing it out and so far so good.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

black

Do any of you use Caphalon?
The kind without the non-stick coating?
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

deleted account

I got me one o' them white man woks by them with the glass lid.  Fart Soup and steam-fried kale/ collards STAPLE.  most-used piece of equipment besides the knife, garlic press, carrot peeler, cutting board and salad spinner