tonights dish

Started by F.O.A.D., October 20, 2014, 06:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F.O.A.D.

so obviously I seem to have the propensity to piss people off, in repentance, I will entice you with tonight's culinary delight. I have prepared a chicken breast stuffed with spinach, artichokes. sun-dried tomato and feta cheese, served with roasted fall vegetables and a zesty lemon butter sauce. My apologies to all for my past digressions I only wish you could dine at my table. 

RAGER

The food forum and the Jam room are sanctuaries usually free of the the fuckery found in General Population.  With that being said, those are not very daring combinations but tasty.  Otherwise they wouldn't be so common.  Might I recommend something different like fresh roasted chanterelles, chive, wild rice, and a nutty hard cheese such as a cave aged Dutch Gouda to liven up the sometimes bland chicken breast?  Unless you have sodium issues don't forget to salt and then salt some more.

So do you have any go to dishes?  post them in the specialty dish section.
No Focus Pocus

nicster

That sounds delish, FOAD.

Tonight's dinner is stir-fried tofu, broccoli and red capsicum with brown rice. Yes, it's healthy dinner night chez nicster.

black

Hell Yeah, F.O.A.D.!

That sounds delicious.
I personally like your choice of ingredients.
Care to post the actual recipe?
Some of us (me) actually benefit from having it written down.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

RacerX

Roasted peppers, calabaza squash, chinese eggplant, garlic & bermuda onions over 3-grain tempeh cubes.

I'll add a can of fire-roasted tomatoes 1/2 hour before it's done.
Livin' The Life.

mortlock

roasted turkey breast and swiss sandwich on homemade [fresh from the bakery] crusty bread topped with a spicy mustard and succulent boston lettuce. nice and simple. not too much going on so the flavors don't get too confusing and busy..

I love boston lettuce.. 

MadJohnShaft

Homemade pizza!

The new bags of dough from World Market have a label on them, the old ones were just in a ziplock for 0.79 and were better. 

Some days chickens, some days feathers

peoplething

black pepper and sage biscuits with gravy. sausage was from a local farm.

it was good.
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

F.O.A.D.

okay first make your onion artichoke sundried tomato and spinach mix, start by using about half a tablespoon of olive oil in a stainless pan, get it nice and hot on 3\4 heat, add the diced onion (your choice, I used yellows but reds would be equally delicioso) once the onion is tender and transluscent add your chopped artichoke and chopped sundried tomato, just wing it on portion size because it reallly depends on how many you serving approximate is a half cup of each (art and tom) for ever 4 chicken breasts, just make sure to drain off any excess oil from the sundried tomato and artichoke (if suspended in oil mix) because that will cause your mix to have to much liquid. Give it about 2-3 minutes then add your spinach about 1 bunch with ends cut off per 4 chicken breast, add salt pepper garlic and powder, sautee that bad mammajamma for about another 3 or so minutes until spinach are good and wilted than turn off the heat. Drain any excess fluid and add your feta cheese crumbles, I used the mediteranian feta blend but you can use whatever, once again just wing it, couple table spoons will do so stir it into a large bowl to transfer the mix and cool in the fridge. While the mix is cooling prep you chickens, i used boneless chicken breast there are 2 schools of thought on the stuffing process 1. slit and stuff or 2. pound, stuff and roll. I prefer to slit and stuff but you can do whatever, so as I do slit your breasts making a nice cavity but make sure not to cut all the way through so as to leave holes in the meat. Salt and pepper the breasts liberally on both sides. Now that you have your chicken ready to stuff prepare your fall veggies, I used zukes, crooknecks, red potatoes, onions, carrots and onion. Little bit of olive oil salt pepper maybe some rosemary and chopped garlic if you like, toss and place in a glass baking pan. Get the oven working up to 350 degrees, once your there, toss the veggies in there for an hour. Wait till your about 40 minutes out to start your chicken. Your stuffing should be cool by now so start stuffing your slitted breasts, get your stainless skillet working and oil it up using olive oil (about 1/2 table spoon) and coat the pan, get heat up to 3/4 or so. Once hot add breast and seer to golden brown on both sides about 3-4 minutes a side then toss in the oven with veggies for final time and internal temp of 165 degrees. When the timer goes off pull out everything put chicken on plate to rest and using pan with drippings and 3/4 heat (make sure to use an oven mit cause that fucker will burn the shit our of your hand) add 1/4 cup of white wine to deglaze pan add juice of 2 lemons and 2 tablesppons of unsalted butter to make sauce stir frequantly to avoid burning and reduce should take 2 minutes or so. to plate, base with veggies, heap chicken breast, top with sauce garnish with feta and serve

F.O.A.D.

you can also top with some pine nuts and shit ;D

MadJohnShaft

No carriage returns mean no reading.

black

Thanks F.O.A.D.!

Defiantly gonna try and rock that dish (after breaking down the gigantic run-on sentence) and certainly hitting it up with Piñon Pine nuts on top!
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

MadJohnShaft

Last night's dish was a red cabbage cooked three delicious ways, giant salad, and broccoli

Today's morning is dealing with way too much roughage. Not able to go to work just yet.

RacerX

Too much roughage = no reading.
Livin' The Life.

deleted account

F.O.A.D.

tonight we are having marinated skirt steak with wilted spinach and salsa verde over jasmine rice mmmmmmmmm....

mortlock

im going with corned beef hash and 2 sunny side up eggs and toast. with tabasco..

MadJohnShaft

Last night we had a chuck roast with many root vegetables. Turned out amazing.

Tonight is steaks, potatoes and salad.

I'm at Salad burn out - every fall I can't look at lettuces for a while.

MadJohnShaft

So spaghetti squash chorizo taco pie again!

This is maybe my new favorite food over Paella.

mortlock

MadJohnShaft

The spaghetti squash didn't turn into much of a crust this time, don't know why. Maybe next time once it's in the dish I will put it in a hot oven to crisp up a bit first before adding the topping.

http://www.localthyme.net/recipes/spaghetti-squash-taco-pie-with-chipotle-lime-slaw/

deleted account

if you filled it to the top you could call that a pizza!

MadJohnShaft

It's more like a meat loaf lasagne.  I make a soffrita of peppers, onions/leeks, herbs and then chorizo that. Dump out and deglaze between the two. It makes it a serious serving of food.

Chicago style deep dish pizza is more like a flaky heavy pastry crust with an delicious pizza layered a top.

MadJohnShaft

I made some potato leek arugula soup with the leeks from my garden that were no worse for wear having been outside in the icy cold. And some potatoes garlic and arugula from my second to last CSA delivery.  I gave the rest away at work.

The leeks were not at all frozen through. What mighty little things. Amazing.

I made it vegetarian in the sense that it had no pork base. Chicken stock though.

The other weird thing - I made a discovery! I left those stale possibly moldy pita breads in the cast iron pan with a lid on it for too long and they turned into a miracle bread! I will only prepare them this way from now on - put on max heat, cover, go smoke pot by the garbage cans, urinate, watch TV - oh yeah, the fucking pita breads!

I made another discovery to get the final consistency right - between chunky, pureed and airy - I normally put the soup though the food processor so I cooked the leeks and potatoes arugula and garlic in a roasting pan in the oven, then I food processed most of it to my preferred al dente consistency using hot homemade chicken stock  - and then I food processed the last third with lots of liquid till it got light and fluffy. Then I folded that back into the rest. Topped with hot sauce, olive oil, Parmesan and home canned jalapeños.

Success! It's neither too chunky nor baby food. It's wonderful small bits of potato and leeks suspended in an airy potato fluff. Spicy stuff.

I'm going to do all the squash soups in two batches like that from now on.

kokojones

This morning I made a curry with huge wok full of fresh green cabbage, a sweet potato, a pie pumpkin the Ms bought as a cute Halloween windowsill decoration, and green peas.  I cubed the sweet potato and pumpkin and sautéed it in peanut oil.  Set that to the side and sauteed the chopped cabbage.  Set that aside.

More peanut oil to fry up some minced ginger, garlic, cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon and curry powder.  Added some Greek style yogurt and cooked that for a minute; added tomato sauce and cooked for a few. Stirred in the veggies and cooked for 15 minutes.   Bad ass.

Just finished a huge batch of collard greens I'm making in advance for a work potluck this week.  5 bunches of collards, cleaned and chopped - braised in peanut oil.  Slow sautéed a sweet onion with a red bell pepper, garlic and ginger.  Puréed that and stirred in the collards with a little curry powder, paprika, and smoked maple sugar. A generous splash of apple cider vinegar and some mirin...cooked it down for a couple hours.   I kind of hope none of my coworkers eat any so I can keep it to myself.