Do You Listen To Music While Cooking?

Started by black, January 29, 2015, 12:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black

At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

RAGER

I like to listen to something kinda chill like some Bill Evans Trio or Com Truise.
No Focus Pocus

black

I usually go for Be-Bop Jazz or some Lounge stuff as well. But the last few evenings I've been on a Gangsta Rap mix while preparing supper. Something about the relentless beat seems to help me focus on timing/priorities. It all made me curious as to what others listen to.

Adam

When I remember to.

I have noticed Pink Floyd's Live at Pompeii is frequently the music of choice. Though I did mix it up by going for some Nirvana Live at Reading the other week.

khoomeizhi

sometimes, and it could be anything. reggae, filthy sludge, ali farka toure...etc. if the lady's cooking, she'll frequently get me to read to her instead.

i definitely listen to music if i'm doing dishes.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

black

Reading to someone is cool.
Reading to someone you are pair-bonded to is romantic.

deleted account

black

deleted account

black

johnny problem

mortlock

jazz/classical/sports/coast to coast am..

MadJohnShaft

Random iTunes or iPhone collections, I have 4 to chose from.

I found LPs not so good - you have to keep flipping the LP every 20 minutes. Pain in ass.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

That's really more of a general discussion type of response

peoplething

When I read this thread last week I realized I never have music on when I'm cooking. A couple reasons are my main rig is in the basement, and the kid or wife is usually watching TV 8 feet away. Plus with my compound discs packed away in boxes, the only thing I can transport music on is an ancient iProd nano in a bad need of software fixing and organizing... and I never seem to have the motivation to futz around with it.

I've got like three docks for it though.

I need to change this 'no cooking music' thing....

"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

black

Do it!
Everything tastes better when music is part of the recipe.

RAGER

Another thing I often do since the door to my synth/guitar/jam lair is in the kitchen, I will go downstairs and get some random lfo swells with massive delays going and just let that play and morph into whatever it wants and leave the door open.
No Focus Pocus

black

Cool.
I was actually wondering if you did that!

MadJohnShaft

One day this last summer I realized how important it is for me to shut the windows. I have music on random play and later I went to throw out the garbage and realized how loud It was outside.

I had Julia walk way to the other side of the alley just to try it out and she's like yeah it's just like you're sitting inside our house -  incredibly loud, concert volume.

They're probably giving me a pass cause I was shoveling out the alley.

RAGER

If any neighbors ever complain to me, I would tell them to shovel it out their alley
No Focus Pocus

peoplething

Update:

I am retarded.

Update 2:

A few months ago I "re-purposed" an old work computer for my TV. For christmas I got a bluetooth fob & speaker dealeo. It's far from top quality HI-FI sound, but it works well enough and I can stream pretty much anything I want.

Last night was heavy psyche whole wheat biscuits and gravy. My wife and I both agreed those were some of the best biscuits we ever had.
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

black

Nice!

I'm finding that music while cooking beats listening to the news or whatever is on TV by a mile.