Board sauce HFS you put your meat on a sauce on your cutting board

Started by MadJohnShaft, May 03, 2015, 08:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadJohnShaft

I tried this twice - today with a leg of lamb - it is unreal and you will like it.

http://amazingribs.com/recipes/other_fun_sauces/board_sauces.html

Board sauce.

Here's how the concept works. He takes a handful of fresh herbs and chops them on a cutting board. Then he pours some olive oil on the herbs, minces them together, lays hot grilled meat on the mixture, carves the meat, and tosses the cut meat in with the board sauce, which is enriched by the meat juices. The board sauce keeps the meat moist, and brings interesting flavors to the insides of the meat.

Surprisingly, shockingly, the herbs do not overpower the meat. I'm one of those guys who uses only salt and pepper on my steaks because they are so wonderful when cooked properly and I don't want to mask them. But lately I have been making board sauces for almost all my steaks, especially flank steak. I even do it for leg of lamb and pork loin.

It eliminates the unappetizing red puddle and makes everything happy and fun. It really helps if you overshoot your temperature - it relaxes the meat.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

mortlock

'unappetizing red puddle'

I slurp that up..tons of flavor..

Muffin Man

MadJohnShaft

Try it - it's amazing.

I made a butterflied Korean chicken and cut it apart on top of a board sauce last night. Cooked meat likes sitting in a puddle.
Some days chickens, some days feathers