The Vegetarian thread

Started by frobbert, July 17, 2013, 01:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JemDooM

Moussaka made with soya yoghurt instead of cheese, I did add some cheddar on top but since I decided to cut down on dairy I think I've more than halved what I buy :)

DooM!

RacerX

Best non-dairy cheese products out right now:

http://us.daiyafoods.com

You Euros need to yell & stomp yer feet so they'll start selling it across the pond.
Livin' The Life.

JemDooM

Recent recipes:

Penne with sautéed Kale, courgette, mushrooms, loads of garlic, loads of black pepper, add some of the starchy pasta water to make it saucey, top with olive oil, grated cheese and crushed walnuts

Spinach and ricotta tortellini with olive oil griddled asparagus and kale with a mozzarella veggie burger...

Vegetarian haggis, turnip/carrot/potato mash and normal mash...

DooM!

mortlock

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

JemDooM

heh, normal mash is mashed potatoes with any or all of the following: butter, milk, cream, olive oil, salt, pepper!
DooM!

JemDooM

your pic isnt loading mort!

Last night, garlic and olive oil roast asparagus, fenugreek, potatoes and sauteed red cabbage with broad bean dip (boiled broad beans blended up with roast garlic, mayo, sea salt and black pepper) All organic and british grown, yum!

DooM!

mortlock

killer. not sure where you guys find the time to prepare such awesome meals.

RAGER

It's a way of life maaaaaaaan.
No Focus Pocus

JemDooM

My new favourite salad (lettuce, carrot, cheese and olive oil) with boiled eggs, avocado, roast potatoes and cherry vine tomatoes, broad bean dip and asparagus, I could eat this every day forever!

DooM!

JemDooM

More veggie food!!

Stuffed butternut squash - Cut out chunks of squash, toss them in olive oil, garlic, tahini, peanut butter, blue cheese, and put back in...

This salad had walnuts, apple, radish and olive oil, with beetroot, gherkin, boiled eggs, boiled potatoes tossed in olive oil and black pepper, broad bean hummous and sautéed kale..

and with smoked salmon...

Tofu and chestnut mushrooms marinated in loads of garlic, green chillies, spring onions, ginger, coriander and lemongrass, I fried it up and simmered in coconut milk later..

DooM!

JemDooM

Couscous with sunflower seeds, apple, roasted garlic, ginger, beetroot, yellow peppers, mushrooms, spinach, mixed spice, and paprika and red chilli hummous..
DooM!

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

Why don't stupid vegans just either eat meat or stick to veggies,  Fuck, if you hate meat so fukn much why are you always trying to turn everything into meat looking tasting things.  That being said, I might try to find some of this stuff because as much as I would like to out bacon grease over popcorn I just can't bring myself to do it.  But this over popcorn might be good and less of impact on your arteries.  This to me should be a healthier alternative for meat lovers not stupid vegans.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/05/magic-vegan-bacon-grease_n_6400322.html?utm_hp_ref=taste&ir=Taste
No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

It's more about pissing off your parents when you turn 14.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

VOLVO)))

Why would turning 14 piss someone's parents off? That's legitimately something the kid can't help.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

deleted account

Quote from: RAGER on January 05, 2015, 06:37:40 PM
Why don't stupid vegans just either eat meat or stick to veggies,  Fuck, if you hate meat so fukn much why are you always trying to turn everything into meat looking tasting things.  That being said, I might try to find some of this stuff because as much as I would like to out bacon grease over popcorn I just can't bring myself to do it.  But this over popcorn might be good and less of impact on your arteries.  This to me should be a healthier alternative for meat lovers not stupid vegans.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/05/magic-vegan-bacon-grease_n_6400322.html?utm_hp_ref=taste&ir=Taste

most vegans I know, including ex-me, liked the taste of animal flesh/ products but hated the other aspects involved.  so if a decent-tasting vegetable based alternative was available...

RacerX

Quote from: priest on January 06, 2015, 03:06:35 PM
Quote from: RAGER on January 05, 2015, 06:37:40 PM
Why don't stupid vegans just either eat meat or stick to veggies,  Fuck, if you hate meat so fukn much why are you always trying to turn everything into meat looking tasting things.  That being said, I might try to find some of this stuff because as much as I would like to out bacon grease over popcorn I just can't bring myself to do it.  But this over popcorn might be good and less of impact on your arteries.  This to me should be a healthier alternative for meat lovers not stupid vegans.

most vegans I know, including ex-me, liked the taste of animal flesh/ products but hated the other aspects involved.  so if a decent-tasting vegetable based alternative was available...

Don't sweat it; I'm not.

HIPSTER specifically asked about stupid vegans.
Livin' The Life.

RAGER

No, that would be you lastword turd.
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

And what does "No, that would be you last word turd" even mean, carrion-eater?
Livin' The Life.

deleted account

boys, boys!  you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.  unless they're vegan flies

khoomeizhi

i know that's the saying, but in the real world, you'll actually catch more flies with vinegar than honey. but even more flies with carrion or feces.

you'll definitely catch more bees with honey than vinegar, though.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

RacerX

Agreed.

Also:

"Artisanal" anything = Best HIPSTER-bait.
Livin' The Life.

MadJohnShaft

Most vegetarians give it up when they no longer need the attention
Some days chickens, some days feathers