The Amazing Spiderman.....

Started by CanookieWookie, July 21, 2011, 10:20:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanookieWookie

................doesn't look to hot to me.

mortlock

giantchris

Strange casting on this one it might be interesting.  The guy that plays spiderman is a pretty good actor I liked him in the facebook movie.

CanookieWookie

Quote from: mortlock on August 03, 2011, 07:27:40 AM
im down. it looks cool..

I'm suprised. The CGI looked pretty cheesy to me, and looks exactly the same as the first Spiderman with Tobbe Maguire.

juggernaut

Quote from: willb on August 08, 2011, 04:39:39 PM
Quote from: mortlock on August 03, 2011, 07:27:40 AM
im down. it looks cool..

I'm suprised. The CGI looked pretty cheesy to me, and looks exactly the same as the first Spiderman with Tobbe Maguire.

Agreed.  Why are they rebooting the franchise again?  The previous movies aren't that old.  Seems odd to me.

mortlock

in true comic book fashion there are always different interpretations of the superhero. think of all the different comics exist for the same character..batman is no different. just to name one..

CanookieWookie

Agreed, however I do not find it looking any different than the Spiderman(s) with Tobbe Maguire....at least from that small clip.

mortlock

there is a story line you got to stick with..just the faces and special fx change.

lftwng4

I thought they were going for more of an Ultimate Spiderman angle, where he's younger and stuff.  In the trailer, he looks very young and thin, like the comic.

giantchris

I thought they were rebooting it to integrate it into the other Marvel movies?

mortlock

since spiderman 2 sucked, I figured it really wasn't worth its own thread. the reboot has failed imo. it really isn't any different than the first series of movies, like you guys mentioned, just diff actors. I also don't see them incorporating spiderman into the other movies..the hidden scene.....spoiler alert........was an x-men commercial setting up the days of future past. it didn't attempt to tie spiderman in to anything.   

the love story was way over done and they completely squandered the villains.

they needed to drop some fantastic four shit into a hidden scene or reference in the movie and it wasn't there..