Dave'sCookinShow!!

Started by black, June 22, 2016, 10:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muffin Man

Quote from: mortlock on June 23, 2023, 08:30:51 PM
Looks good. I'll pick up some jalapeno's and onion. Have to figure out what to do with the chop. maybe put inside quesadilla

mortlock

Burger Dust. Use whatever you want.

mortlock

Take Out Tour 2023 is underway.

RAGER

That looks pretty solid but I hope that hollandaise is scratch made otherwise it's garbage. That package stuff is terrible.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

its all homemade. the corned beef hash is the real deal. the pot roast hash is the real deal. the hollandaise is homemade. check out the benedict menu.

Muffin Man

episode 114!
man that place looks legit, and totally reasonable prices. I'd be buying takeout sides for the week(s) ahead.
https://www.daviesseafood.com/menu

Pissy

Vinyls.   deal.

Muffin Man

oops, imma have to back away from the counter - Kraft tartar. no.

RAGER

Does it just seem like crinkle cut fries go to shit faster? 
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Those aren't crinkle cuts on the plate though.  More like stunted steak fries. 

That are undercooked.  
Vinyls.   deal.

mortlock

I didnt go there for the fucking fries. The fish sand is the star of the show.

RAGER

This guys been around a while but I kinda disregarded him cuz whatever.  He's on that series The Bear so I checked his stuff out. He's pretty funny and makes sone good stuff. Going off how long I've known you I think he missed the mark on the Garbage Plate just a bit. No cinnamon in the meat sauce and a couple other things. You tell me.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

you are correct. there are a few minor issues but the minor issues are really major issues if you want to be traditional. yes he was missing the cinnamon. he had a few spices right but the best meat hot sauce is not chili or tomato based. it is not supposed to taste like a chili or sloppy joe. no ketchup, no chili seasoning. also you do not put onion in the meat hot sauce. onion is only applied on the plate diced and raw. out of personal preference i never go with the baked beans. its acceptable but im just not into them. he was incorrectly calling the potatoes hash brown at first but then he said home fries so he corrected himself. 
another important criticism is there are no pickles in the mac salad. that would throw it way out of balance. its a very basic mac. mayo, elbows, carrot and celery.

also a true plate uses zwiegles hotdogs exclusively. but ill free pass him if he cant get zwiegles.

having said all that, there really are no rules when it comes to a garbage plate. if you want to be authentic you need to stick to the formula but ive even seen local rochester places stray from it.   

mortlock

i like his show. im going to check more of his shit out.

Muffin Man

RAGER

Looks like a whole pie would be at least 19" and possibly 22.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

There's never been an explanation for the gloves.  

I don't want one, I'd just like to point out that I enjoy the fact that they are there without explanation.  
Vinyls.   deal.

Muffin Man

hand of the wizard is

Muffin Man

mystical hand of the culinary black arts
dr no of the flat top
ocd
ocd
glove magic to prevent finger slice off bloody horror of doom ambulance shit show
smell the glove
and/or
DCS

Muffin Man

since winning rib show, taking first place champion trophies, the glove had not been removed

Muffin Man

maniacal desperation to attract attention