Hot Toddy?

Started by Dunedin, December 16, 2012, 02:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunedin

Ok, I'm feeling a bit shitty so I've just cheered myself up with a hot toddy. A measure of Macallan single malt, a teaspoon of honey, half a cinnamon stick and a slice of lemon. I would have put a clove in there but we don't have any. How do you guys make yours?
Lemur Demands Back Scratches!

RAGER

I call my a bourbon furnace.  Bulleit, hot apple cider, cinnamon stick, slice of lemon, honey.
No Focus Pocus

Dunedin

Making it with cider sounds good. It might not actually do any physical benefit but you'll be too fucked to care.

I forgot to add I made mine with water just off the boil.
Lemur Demands Back Scratches!

khoomeizhi

rum works nice, too.

best hot toddy i've had, i was in college, working in the sleety ohio february with a couple buddies, fixing fencing at one of the professor's farms. shitty cold work. about two hours in, we get called back inside for these amazing hot toddies made with 151 and...a bunch of spices. cardamon was notable. he was from belgium, and his wife was from africa, don't know who made the drinks. the rest of the work was considerably more tolerable. i think we made an apple-bowl for the weed, too, that day, as we hadn't remembered papers.

i think that was the only time we went there that we didn't help him slaughter something.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

bitter

Quote from: RAGER on December 16, 2012, 02:57:34 PM
I call my a bourbon furnace.  Bulleit, hot apple cider, cinnamon stick, slice of lemon, honey.

For a moment I thought you meant Balut! Yuck :-X
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

RAGER

You mean the egg?  No man that would be in a Bloody Mary
No Focus Pocus

khoomeizhi

or some kind of hybrid hot buttered rum eggdrop soup. with a duckling!
let's dispense the unpleasantries

bitter

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

I,Galactus

Cold that's been bouncing around the office is knocking on my door.  It's hot toddy time.

Quote from: RAGER on December 16, 2012, 02:57:34 PM

Cider as in the stuff in the jugs at the grocery or the hooch that Soundgardenia's always on the hunt for?
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

RAGER

I like Dickens cider.  Not hard Dickens cider but hot Dickens cider.
No Focus Pocus

I,Galactus

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"