Restaurants with a loud band blaring away yes or no?

Started by MadJohnShaft, June 08, 2013, 06:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadJohnShaft

Some days chickens, some days feathers

neighbor664

No! No! No! From the band perspective that means you have been relegated to being background music.

Chovie D

mostly no, but sometimes yes.

a nice jazz trio can be awesome..bachanal in New orleans.

in seattle we  have The triple door. Its more like a theatre that serves dinner during the shows.
pretty great way to see a show actually, for an old geezer like msyelf.

bbottom

big no.

Maybe I'm just getting older, but I tend to avoid super loud bars anymore as well.

RAGER

No thanks but like chovie said, I do enjoy having some wonderful seafood and cocktails while The Mel Brown Trio plays quietly in the background.  Did I ever tell you aboot the time Mel asked me to sit in and I panicked and said no thanks, not worthy.  Me sitting on Mel Browns drums.  No facking way.
No Focus Pocus

tossom

Quote from: bbottom on June 08, 2013, 10:48:50 AM
big no.

Maybe I'm just getting older, but I tend to avoid super loud bars anymore as well.

Going the same way here must admit, but too loud shitty music when you are trying to eat is annoying.  There are certain cafes/restaurants locally that have local folk bands CDs playing on repeat, I avoid these places. >:(
"Beige rock"

Lumpy

We have DJs in some of the trendy restaurants here, during peak times (Friday, Saturday nights). I usually hate it - if the music is loud, it's not really conducive (sp?) to good digestion. Also, a lot of horrid 80s music gets played.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

MadJohnShaft

Saturday nights they have live music in the ethnic places and they have drums and trumpets.

mortlock

it only works if its light-weight jazz in a trendy expensive restaurant..

MadJohnShaft

Chovie D

These places always had a couple musicians swammi-ing out. usually one of those weird bongo drums, and a sitar.

black

Holy Shit!!

That's Pana ll on the upper right. I love that place! All tiny and filled with millions of those lights with the most delicious Indian food at prices that made me wonder if I was still in Manhattan. I seem to recall that the places just around the corner were the one's with a sitar and drum(s) in every window. Panna ll was just food. Crowded as fuck, but great food.

I also cracked up at those guys standing in front of each restaurant trying to hustle (barker?) you into their joint. All polite and "thank you very much" when you tell them no.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

Chovie D

Quote from: black on June 10, 2013, 06:14:41 PM
Holy Shit!!

That's Pana ll on the upper right. I love that place! All tiny and filled with millions of those lights with the most delicious Indian food at prices that made me wonder if I was still in Manhattan. I seem to recall that the places just around the corner were the one's with a sitar and drum(s) in every window. Panna ll was just food. Crowded as fuck, but great food.

I also cracked up at those guys standing in front of each restaurant trying to hustle (barker?) you into their joint. All polite and "thank you very much" when you tell them no.

yup.