Muscle Shoals documentary

Started by Woody, October 28, 2013, 02:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black

Hell yeah!
That looks great and will be added to my collection.

Thanks for that, Woody!
Killer review as well, man.

Now can someone tell me when or where I can get ahold of the Slow Southern Steel documentary, or do I have to wait forever like I had to with Such Hawks, Such Hounds?
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

deleted account

there's a documentary on Alannah Myles?

Woody

Quote from: black on October 29, 2013, 06:30:22 PM
Hell yeah!
That looks great and will be added to my collection.

Thanks for that, Woody!
Killer review as well, man.

Thanks, mutha. Glad someone's reading. It's one of the better music documentaries that I've seen. Hope there's some cool extras on the DVD tape.

black

Damn.

Saw this last night in an actual theater.I thought it was really well done and the production values seemed a lot higher than most music documentaries. The histories, both personal, professional and geographical are well woven into the film. I thought I had a fair amount of knowledge about the subject and a lot of the players, but I was well schooled by this film. Fantastic soundtrack, sound and film quality and really special story.

If you love music, regardless of genre, you should really scope this film out. Thanks again Woody for hipping us to this. What a treat.

The Bandit

Is there a lot of Arthur Alexander in the movie?  I absolutely love his music.

black

He's one of the main stars/narrators. His story (and many of the more known singers) is really cool. I think you would really dig this movie, deaner. Try and scope it out.

The Bandit

Finally saw it.  Would have liked it infinitely better without that douchetard Bono in it.

black

:D :D

Yeah, I'm with you there, but glad you finally got to scope it out.