True detective

Started by RAGER, January 12, 2014, 11:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadJohnShaft

I think I understand 10% of what's going on.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

Worthless Willie

The first season was so good, that I went into this one with zero expectations.  I think it stands up.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/08/03/true_detective_season_two_a_guide_to_the_plot_of_this_confusing_season.html
What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

Token

The Shocker

Not sure if it stuck the landing.  Will have to re-watch most likely.

MadJohnShaft

Eh... This show is so annoying- I can't even suffer through the final. Urp.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

socket

Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Worthless Willie on August 09, 2015, 02:16:32 PM
The first season was so good, that I went into this one with zero expectations.  I think it stands up.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/08/03/true_detective_season_two_a_guide_to_the_plot_of_this_confusing_season.html

I got sent that before the last episode. it explained tons of stuff i had no idea about, particularly the whole brother and sister thing which I HAD ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA ABOUT, yet appears to have been central to the story. the last episode still didnt really make complete sense. all the men died and the women walked. i dunno. meh.
I play bass in THORUN

Facebook  www.facebook.com/Thorunband
Music       www.thorun.bandcamp.com
Youtube   www.youtube.com/user/Thorunband

sleestak

I'm probably too dense to have figured it out myself but talking about it with the wife and she pointed out that the simplest explanation of the entire show is that the only survivors are those that walked away and were willing to "let go."  Not that that really explains it but it's a theme.

I did love when frank killed the russian.  I didn't have much problem with the entire show and it made me want to rewatch it from the start because of all the shit going on. 

My issue was that I wasn't all that interested in a corrupt no character LA town like I was interested in the creepy bayou of the first season.

I ended up liking it though.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

stooge

Finale was cool though i never figured out what most of the plot was about
did not pay too much attention though
the whole show was way too slow- well so was season 1
but this was plain boring mostly
i didn´t forget - i just couldn´t remember...

Chest Rockwell

and Farrell's voice went very deep and gritty on the last episode, for some reason.
I play bass in THORUN

Facebook  www.facebook.com/Thorunband
Music       www.thorun.bandcamp.com
Youtube   www.youtube.com/user/Thorunband

ez

It was about 50% good to great, and 50% bad clichés and horrible dialogue.

Main take away is that maybe Vince Vaughn isn't as one-dimensional as I thought he was. Maybe.

Looking forward to Season 3!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Dunedin

I though Vince Vaughn was great. There was a real depth to his character. Yeah some of the dialogue was cliched, and some was inaudible, but overall I was entertained.
Lemur Demands Back Scratches!

Token

NO SPOILERS, PLZ

Anyone jump on Season 3?

socket

I watched one ep of the two released. I'm enjoying it so far. Lots of false flags obviously as we've been introduced to a ton of potential suspects already.
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

Josh

I watched one episode of S2 and was out. S3 is great so far. Mahershala Ali is going to win all the awards and be in every movie for the next five years. Stephen Dorff won't have to do commercials for e-cigs ever again.

Josh

Season 3 is done. It definitely held its own with Season 1 and I wouldn't argue much with anyone who said it might be the best. I've read people grumbling about the finale, but I was totally satisfied with it. I'm bummed it's over. No idea if there will be another one or not. I imagine Nic Pizzolatto might be ready to move on to other stuff, but we'll see.

sleestak

I thought it was excellent from start to finish.   Clear references to the west Memphis 3 case throughout.  I was fully satisfied with the ending but I had to watch it twice to realize how much I liked it (the final episode.)
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

RAGER

Really enjoyed it. It's close with season 1 but season 1 is my fav. Never bothered with 2 cuz I don't even wanna look at either of those fuck sticks.
No Focus Pocus