Under the Doom - this summer's hottest stonerrock series

Started by MadJohnShaft, June 24, 2013, 05:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadJohnShaft

The DVR tried to series record it. I put a stop to that. And fucking Tyrant.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

boltthrow

Quote from: The Bandit on June 25, 2014, 11:04:47 PM
Ok Bolt, give me one good legit reason to watch the second season of this show.

There might be a scene like this in it?

Andrew Blakk

Just read the book a couple of months ago so I just had to see it.

Well, so far. I donĀ“t know... The book is way superiour to the show but still it isn't that bad acctually after 4-5 episodes.

Could be worse!

MadJohnShaft

The Shocker

I just couldn't do a second season of it.  I read recaps of the first ep season 2 and am glad I didn't watch.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Andrew Blakk

Just finished e10 of the first season.

Did S King really go along with them changing so much of the story? Was he srunk when signing the papers ;D
Everything that was giid about the book is gone sadly.

Still, it's not worthless... Enjoyable while guitar noddling at least!

MadJohnShaft

It's fucking awful.

The Onion TV Club sums it up....

Imagine you're a resident of Chester's Mill. Not one of the main characters, just some poor schlub trying to survive a ridiculous situation day-to-day. One day Big Jim is the hero and the leader of the town and Barbie is about to get strung up by the neck. A couple days later Big Jim is in jail for trying to wipe out half the town's population, but by the end of that day everyone has gathered for a party at the diner and all is forgiven. Oh, and you're going through sheriffs faster than clean socks. At some point, might it not occur to you that the dome does, in fact, have a purpose? And that purpose is to seal off the rest of the world from the worst town on the planet?

These are the thoughts with which I tried to amuse myself during tonight's stupefyingly inane installment of Under The Dome. There may be a guiding intelligence behind the dome, but it's increasingly difficult to believe there's one behind this series. Alliances are made and broken at the drop of a hat. Relationships turn on a dime every few days or so. Characters exist for a season and a half without ever once making the slightest bit of sense. (RIP Sheriff DJ Phil.) Arbitrary nonsense scraped up from the Lost cutting room floor lurks around every corner. Even when the show appears to have settled on a workable framework for the season, it blows up the status quo every ten minutes, leaving us grasping at straws while trying to figure out exactly what this is all about.

The Shocker

MadJohnShaft

No, I accidently channel surfed it and in 30 seconds my mind was jellofied

neighbor664

I can't understand how this show is now into it's third season.