Bazillion Calorie Heaven...what is your weakness?

Started by mertz, March 07, 2012, 04:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Zombre

always had a thing for chicken wings, now I'm obsessed with the Korean style ( http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/07/dining/07fried.html?pagewanted=all ) bc of a new restaurant in town that serves it almost exclusively.

Also, rich, buttery sticky pecan buns. mmmm vaguely erotic.

DavidATX

Quote from: xina on April 23, 2012, 10:14:11 AM
oh lawd, that pecan pie looks scrumptious!

for those in DFW - check out Kellys East Side in old Plano downtown, they have one of the best burgers in Texas per Texas monthly, fantastic beer selection if you like that shit and they have these:

they layer the waffle fries with queso and cheddar so all the good stuff is not just on the top. then add roasted poblanos, smoked bacon, chives and a crestor.

Again, proof there is no god and if there is, he is a fucking asshole because if I was god that dish would have the same nutritional value as broccoli.

Nom nom nom

mertz

Quote from: justinhedrick on April 26, 2012, 11:21:25 PM
Quote from: mertz on April 08, 2012, 09:35:05 PM
Easter s'mores

nice chief sweatshirt . . . racist . . .
That is my disgusting neighbor. She only showers about once a week, and wears a bikini at 200 lbs. She claims to live a "European" lifestyle.

rayinreverse

I,Galactus

Donuts and kolaches from the shop next to my work.

Bazillion calorie breakfasts are the worst/best.  They leave me sluggish all day but I can't fucking resist.   :-[
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

DavidATX

Quote from: I,Galactus on April 27, 2012, 08:15:38 AM
Donuts and kolaches from the shop next to my work.

Bazillion calorie breakfasts are the worst/best.  They leave me sluggish all day but I can't fucking resist.   :-[

Kolaches or klobasnek?

Wait, you aren't in Texas...where are you that there are a bunch of bohemians?

GodShifter

I,Galactus is in Arkansas, I believe. He's a neighbor!

I,Galactus

Quote from: GodShifter on April 27, 2012, 10:03:14 AM
I,Galactus is in Arkansas, I believe. He's a neighbor!
Indeed.  Howdy, neighbors!

Quote from: DavidATX on April 27, 2012, 09:56:30 AMKolaches or klobasnek?
After furious googling, I guess they're actually neither. 

More like this:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sausage_roll because it's not pastry dough (although that sounds awesome).

I think my local Daylight Donuts franchise just got the terminology mixed up on their menu.  They're even better with jalapenos.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

DavidATX

OK...I ask because the whole kolache thing has been a bit bastardized.  There is a region of texas stretching more or less from the central texas coast up through the hill country that was settled by groups of czechs and germans.  They brought kolaches and klobasnek as well as a style of BBQ.  Anyways, over that way they call everything by the right name, but as it things spread throughout Texas most everyone calls kolaches and klobasnek "kolaches."

Not sure if y'all have Shipleys donuts up there, but down here we can get a jumbo kolache that has Earl Campbell's sausage.