The "Pepper" thread!

Started by mertz, April 26, 2012, 01:10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mertz

Red, green, yellow...jalapeño....not a big fan here, but they are commonly used in cooking....comments...suggestions...anyone?
Hollow, and full of seeds....I've tried to like them but they tend to leave me with an odd after taste...

mortlock

the jalapeno is my favorite.

i also have a jar of crushed red around at all times..

mertz

I do admit, I like the crushed reds...

RAGER

If were talking all things capsicum then yes I love it.  My arsenal of dried peppers here is pretty extensive.
No Focus Pocus

DavidATX

Very much enjoy:

Jalapeño
Serrano
Poblano
Habanero
Cayenne
Malagueta
Pequin
Dedo de Moça

deleted account

haven't found one I didn't like.  faves are habaneros, ghost, and thai.  I go through over a pound of serranos and 10-20 habaneros a week

RAGER

^^NO shit??  In what?  How?  Fresh? cooked? on the side. do tell
No Focus Pocus

El Zombre

Damn, man. You're like my friend who ate a whole jar of my homemade habanero pepper sauce straight up, in 10 minutes. I add like a 1/4 tsp of that stuff to a bowl of soup and I'm plenty good, and sweaty.

deleted account

boiled in the fart soup, then I'll fry up another 10 serranos with 6 habaneros during the fart soup to fart casserole conversion phase.  all eaten in 5-6 days, then repeat.  coming up on a full year of doing this

deleted account

oh, forgot to say, the other day I'm at the market and this chick is in front of me at the checkout line, and among her items is one serrano.  one goddamn pepper.  I almost asked her if she was allergic

mertz

MadJohnShaft

Peppers grow great in containers on my deck, but not as well in the my garden. I usually do only one bell pepper and the rest poblano, serrano, and whatever else strikes my fancy. 

The ones I don't eat get roasted, dried and chopped up into chilli peppers.  I have way too much from the last 3 years.

Can't eat anything hot so I don't bother with anything but sweet varieties.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

BitterAndTwisted

Bell peppers are very good roasted.  Blackened even, and made into a delicious romano sauce.  Stuffed and roasted.  Yummy.

People who don't care for them raw often find them quite tasty when cooked properly.  Still, what would a Brit know about cooking anything properly?  We still eat eel pies, apparently.
Fucking retards, taste my nuts while getting dunked on.