tonights dish

Started by F.O.A.D., October 20, 2014, 06:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryno

Fake frites. Potato sliced lengthwise twice. Rolled around in olive oil and spices. Baked for 30 mins.  Fucking delish.

Mayo,Dijon,sriracha aioli.

Spinach salad.

Overpriced Grapefruit Sculpin.

#yumballs

If a bear shits in the woods, should I have a cocktail?

MadJohnShaft

I've been potato chipping or oven frying all the root vegetables this year to great success. I have two celerics out there yet.

Speaking of which - I grated one and made a crust. Celeric crust pork cheese egg bake for breakfast until it runs out.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

MadJohnShaft

Pork hot pot again - onions leeks garlic shallots with sliced pork chops, bok choy, misc nice spices and sauces, chicken stock.

With the first sample of my homemade KimChi - which is awesome.

http://cedarvalleysustainable.com/blog/2014/02/11/pork-hot-pot/?utm_source=Feb+2014+newsletter&utm_campaign=feb+farm+news&utm_medium=email

I made it in my Cambra pot I brought back from Colombia. I rounds out favors and makes it earthy. I love it like a woman.

F.O.A.D.

that looks forking awesome. I would totally eat that

MadJohnShaft

That's a recipe from my meat CSA- they give out two packs of pork chops that are not enough for four people but perfect for that use.

What other food can I make to put kimchi on?

mortlock

salami sandwich on a round roll w/ sharp yellow american cheese and onion spicy mustard...

peoplething

Chicken Paprikash.

never tried it before, dunno why... it's stupid easy to make, is delicious and you can make gallons of it in about the same time you can a meal for two.

notes: two large bell peppers (red/green), one large onion and 1.5 cups broth require 2-3lbs of thighs.
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

MadJohnShaft

I brought home the Turkey Carcass in my luggage on the plane from KY and made some stock with it - it turned out thick and gelatinous and perfect. Made about 14 cups. Or squares I should say.

I have a second Turkey Carcass from my mother in laws that was done as well. It's chilled and ready for storing.

We are good for Turkey Stock.  I think it works great in everything Mexican.

RAGER

Made my stock yesterday.  Then made some bitchin turkey soup with it. Add a Tbls of Sambal and you got a cold killer right there.
No Focus Pocus

khoomeizhi

yup. stock and soup were sunday for me.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

MadJohnShaft

I made slow cooker split pea ham and turkey stock soup - delicious but gave me the ... you know.

RAGER

My girls favorite food is beans and as much beans as we eat she barely lets out a whisper. Me on the other hand.......lets just say I'm propelled from room to room when moving throughout the house.

I think it's gonna be weiners und kraut tonight simmered in the last of the Sauvignon blanc.
No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

I made chilli - I have frozen packs of Rager's pepper paste which eliminates a huge step in the process.

F.O.A.D.

Slow roasted herb crusted prime rib with homemade horse radish cream sauce, au jus, roasted fingerling potatoes, and roasted green beans. 8 hours total cook time on the prime(4 cook at 200 and 4 rest at 140)

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Tonight was gnocchi in a light turkey soup with arugula.

The other night I made open faced steak sandwiches.  Grilled bread spread with pureed squash, melted aged white cheddar, New York steak, arugula, and pickled shallots.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

I took the bones from the prime rib home from xmas and roasted them then made a nice bone/pho broth with chunks of ginger and made a nice vaguely Asian soup.  Scraped all the meat off and browned with shallots, fish sauce and mirin.  Turned out really good.

I was gonna tell my girl we had to use the bones as utensils but I could tell when she got home she had no patience for my bullshit.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

I feel like that egg needs to be cooked more..

RAGER

Stirring it into the scalding broth a bit cooks it just fine.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

makes sense. ill tell you what..ill be happy to go along with your dumb ideas and ill pretend to eat with bones if you cook for me. I don't think your girl appreciates you enough. shes getting a little too comfortable in the relationship..