Captain America - Winter Soldier

Started by WhoreOfTijuana, April 15, 2014, 05:32:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhoreOfTijuana

Because I didn't see an thread about The Cap's great second film.

There is some kickboxing.. some guns.. a shield being thrown around.. some backstabbing political stuff.... and most of all

ez

I enjoyed it. Second best Marvel Studios movie after Avengers.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

mortlock

it was one of the better movies for sure.
reason being..its almost as much a shield/nick fury movie as it is a captain america movie..with a side of falcon and whatsherfaces character..

Lumpy

It's cool that they had more diversity in the casting, but I guess I was expecting a more muscular Cap.

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

MikeyT

Hope to see this at the dollar theater Tuesday night. It's 3D, so that likely means $3.75.

'Make Mine Marvel' and stuff.   :P
'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

MikeyT

It was a little busy (action wise) but still very enjoyable. Thought the actor playing Cap was well cast (forgot his name), but Samuel Jackson as Fury was the most interesting character. Scarlett was cool as The Black Widow and her look was great.
Oh that Robert Redford made me hate him- so he definitely played his part well. Nice to see Stan The Man.

Didn't see it in 3D (wrong showing), and was a few minutes late (as usual), so I'd like to see it again this week, along with the current Spiderman & Godzilla, all at the $1 theater. ; )

MikeyT

Finally made it back to the cheap theater Wednesday night (July 30th), after trying for weeks (it's hard w/ my messed up sleep schedule).

Saw Spiderman 2... the "love" aspect of the story seemed cheesy and a little contrived, almost painful. Yeah, I know, they're supposed to be teenagers, so it makes sense.
The bit with Electro, along with the ensuing conflict and destruction were extremely entertaining, though. Great visuals. Almost laughed with glee. Brings out the little kid in you.  :)
Dane DeHaan made a convincing Harry Osborn/Green Goblin.
Not a great film, but lots of fun & easily worth the small investment of time & money.

Saw Captain America: The Winter Soldier for the second time. 10:30 PM showing. Still missed a minute or two at the beginning because I went down the street after Spiderman to grab a couple of hot dogs & couldn't eat them quite fast enough.
Dozed off for a short while during part of it, but it was my least favorite part of the movie, ha, ha.

Captain America was even better the second time around. The plot is good, the script is even better, and all the actors play their parts well. Have to say the film is worthy of it's character (CA) and enhances Marvel's reputation. 8 out of 10.