Banshee

Started by Demon Lung, February 05, 2013, 08:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demon Lung

The lady and I have been watching this show on skinemax for the past few weeks. Very cool show that I think some people here will like. A lot of blood a lot of fucking and they always show this awesome Bosnian chic naked.

ez

I tried the first two episodes and it's definitely no Justified. might return to it if it still has good reviews by the end of the season (like at least a 7.5/10 on IMDB) - but I can't really see this going anywhere. Hell, I'd even watch The Following over Banshee, and that's got Kevin Bacon in it.

yes, Kevin Bacon.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

natehusky

A coworker was telling me about this show . Made me watch a fight scene with some mma guy. Seem ok . Maybe I'll check it out when it comes on Netflix

natehusky

& don't speak I'll of the bacon , I watched tremors twice this past Saturday . I have no regrets

ez

So I've come around on this show. It's still really far fetched, badly acted, at times infuriatingly stupid and caters to MMA fans far too much but I'll be damned if it isn't entertaining as fuck. Especially when they really push the envelope, like in the finale to Season 2. holy shit was that hard core.

All the gratuitous nudity and eye candy doesn't hurt either - though I do hope for larger breastesses next season.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

JkFlesh

It's often dumb as rocks but consistently entertaining.  Plus lots of hot chicks getting naked, including a naked lass who appears on True Detective.

Andrew Blakk

I've almost finished the first season and it's not bad at all.
It's kind of mesmerising with all the quite cruel violence and the sex.

Perhaps not the best I've seen but at least way better than Under the dome lol.

ez

Holy fuck that last episode.

JkFlesh

Quote from: ez on January 25, 2015, 11:25:09 AM

Absolutely great.  Really impressive and maybe the best episode of the show yet.  The first fight was so bad-ass and also extremely well shot with the camera literally moving in and out of the car.  Third season is the best season so far and I hope they keep it up.

ez

Quote from: JkFlesh on January 27, 2015, 07:22:08 PM
Quote from: ez on January 25, 2015, 11:25:09 AM

Absolutely great.  Really impressive and maybe the best episode of the show yet.  The first fight was so bad-ass and also extremely well shot with the camera literally moving in and out of the car.  Third season is the best season so far and I hope they keep it up.

Totally. I especially like how they're not trying to make the show really deep or anything. They're happy doing what they do best and pushing the envelope further and further, but not in such an obvious way that it devolves into doing it for pure shock value.

ez

So that season totally fucking ruled.

JkFlesh

Quote from: ez on March 19, 2015, 08:00:36 AM
So that season totally fucking ruled.

Yes, it did.  Some really incredible action scenes... The raid obviously comes to mind, the final shootout, of course the brutal fight we already discussed, Chayton's demise.... Etc.

One of my favorite shows on t.v. right now.  Too bad no one seems to have Skinemax because this one deserves a lot more recognition.

black

At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

Andrew Blakk

Hell yeah! Great season! Just a year until the next one!