Behind The Candelabra

Started by The Shocker, May 27, 2013, 07:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shocker

MadJohnShaft

They were both pretty good, I wouldn't say he was particularly evil.

'They don't know he's gay'  = the truth.  Liberace was a big deal in Milwaukee.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

The Shocker

Oh yeah, my grandmother believed the whole lie.

Demon Lung

Scott bakuka looked hilarious.

boltthrow

Kinda like a gay Boogie Knights but not quite as good, interesting or humorous.  Prob because it was based on Thorson's book so it was kind of creatively limited.  But as a kid I always liked Liberace when he was on the Tonight Show because he was funny and exuberant and show-bizy.  Same reason I liked Paul Lynde, Charles Nelson Reilly and Richard Simmons when he started with his workout show way back when.     

Jor el

Entertaining.
Not great.

Rob Lowe looked nutty.
What Would Scooby Do ?

The Shocker

Yeah, Rob Lowe was disturbing.  I do want to try that diet though.

retardgroove

The Shocker

Did Liberace really have penile implants?  Bolt?

bitter

Liberace was a musical inspiration to me as well. But only because he had the baller ass piano shaped pool. I tried to get that same effect with a blow up pool from walmart and some wooden side skirts. I called it the MoogerPooler.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

MadJohnShaft

If I had one complaint - I don't think Mr Douglas got the humor down. I thought Liberace was funnier.

Somewhere I have a hilarious report my Mom did on classical music when she was in middle school in the 50s - the last person she featured was Liberace and the not-getting-he-is-gay part of it was front and center and very funny. I will have to grab that someday.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

The Bandit

While I don't regret watching it, I had trouble suspending disbelief.  I was always aware that it was Michael Douglas playing Liberace.  Same with Matt Damon. 

black

Didn't see this show, but did catch the episode of the original Batman series the other night where Liberace played a character like himself and played his evil twin. It seemed like the entire cast was gay-ing out due to his presence.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.