What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

dnice

Quote from: RAGER on September 01, 2020, 05:47:54 PM
That looks nummy.

it's amazing, as close to 100/100 score as it gets. I've only had a few no doubt about it 100/100 beers. If you like IPAs, I don't think anyone tops Trillium currently.

This is an example of a 100/100 IPA;

Muffin Man

Excellent menu. Not sure about $22/4-pack, cans,  but whatever

I noticed something nice for the holiday, 3-dayer. You can have a nice chilled IPA AND and nice chilled Chardonay. They go together, actually, separate glasses, on of each. I'm tellin' ya, it's sweet titis

RAGER

Quote from: dnice on September 02, 2020, 08:52:19 AM
Quote from: RAGER on September 01, 2020, 05:47:54 PM
That looks nummy.

it's amazing, as close to 100/100 score as it gets. I've only had a few no doubt about it 100/100 beers. If you like IPAs, I don't think anyone tops Trillium currently.

This is an example of a 100/100 IPA;

If you can get ahold of Block15 they make astounding beer.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Chopstick works a trick for aerating red wine in the glass. Will literally transform the experience - simply flutter one stick to bring the juice to froth. Boom.

mortlock

any recommendations on a good wheat beer? 
i really like the pinkus hefe weizen but i havent tried any outside of that. 

Lumpy

Bells Oberon (is a "wheat ale" - maybe that's different)

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

mortlock

have you had that? the pinkus is pretty light bodied. not sure an ale would be.

RAGER

They're all ales unless they're lagers.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Lumpy

The Oberon isn't as light as a German Weiss bier. That's what you should get - a bomber of Weiss beer imported from Germany. Squeeze a little wedge of lemon in there, then drop it into your glass. Great for warm weather.

renfield

Can't stand the wheats. Yes, I'm a plebian.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Seeya later Summer Gin & Tonic

sleestak

Imma have to try that zero cal tonic you got there. 

I found some decent zero cal ginger beer for mules which isn't as good as the full of sugar stuff but does them better than I thought they would.

Killing threads is my business and business is good.

Lumpy

Regular tonic has the most sugar of any carbonated drink. Quinine tastes terrible so they have to add a lot of sugar.

#factoids

sleestak

I buy the diet stuff but I meant I want to try that brand I guess.  For a clear soda it's shockingly high in carbs/sugar.

Lumpy

Muffin Man

That tonic there is still sweet from stevia (a little weird) but has zero sugars per the label. And has a light quinine flavor. It's light, a little sweet, but nicely balanced - I just took a raw swig of it to be sure. Really nice but can get overpowered by a strong liquor, but that Bombay is fairy soft too. Can easily drink Bombay rocks (not the saphire, though, way more herbal). Anywho, I like that tonic partly for what Lumpy said, not sugar loaded. I don't think the Bombay is a perfect match but I'll be buying more of that tonic. Wait 'til you see the top of the 7.5 ounce cans...

Okay, I'm drinking it straight. Really nice just on its own

Muffin Man

I stand corrected. Bombay Gin rocks in a bucket and that tonic is sooooo correct. No lime! If you must, then a splash of key lime, otherwise, enjoy naked.

Muffin Man

[spoiler]Through the Bombay rocks looking glass w/ Maple bitters. And why not

[/spoiler]

Muffin Man

Zevia's Lime mixer is very good too. Trying their Ginger Beer, which is on the "soft" side, or not strong, like their others I've tried so far. Can buy cases direct. I'll do the Tonic and Lime Mixer but probably not the GB so far.

Moscow Mule Absolute with Nellie & Joe's Key Lime Juice

sleestak

This stuff is the best no sugar ginger beer I've found, but I've only found about 4 different kinds.   Gotta try the Stevia stuff.

Muffin Man

Since 1806? Whoa. Long legs.

I have some ginger root I may try tonite to bump this one, which, even on its own, is very drinkable neat or mixed. The stevia is a wierd animal though. Kinda slipperery like a leaf or something. Maybe its "natural" for all I know. I do recommend it though for light duty affairs, and whatnot.