Main Menu

Bass Fuzz/Dist

Started by Submarine, January 04, 2023, 09:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muffin Man

Is this one good? I'm kinda surprised that I like it. Solo outside a mix but heck. I've been checking out various bass pedal demos and then this popped up. I actually could use this box.

see, that's just it, dammit. at 0:20 everything is beautifully in focus then, at :045, all hell goes pancake/disaster. OMG it drives  me nuts. but I do like this demo, if I can a get a deal on the pedal I'll try one.

everdrone

always room for another dirt pedal! ha

I love using my Pharaoh and Rat for my bass in the mix with another clean signal bass amp and them mix it in....sounds good in the mix

a lot of dirt pedals really take out the low end and you loose clarity

thats why I like the blend knob

this video goes over the options pretty good...   https://youtu.be/7LsuyUClZbY

of course if you are using an active bass it may not play nicely with pedals etc

also consider just boosting etc with a compressor pedal

everdrone

what bass and amp are you using?  I get the best dirt tones out of my guitar amp and bass amp and then use a boost/eq and compression in front

renfield

I am using build your own clone's Bass Overdrive. Dirt is set to about 11 on the clock. It has a blend knob but I'm not using any of the clean signal.

I want to add a little bit of CRACKLE to the tone, not the farty sound I'm currently getting. Is crackle the right word?

Here's some DI from the amp. Critique my bass tone:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LxXykByw1Nw-SsQDvZ_o-DiLf25mCWtB/view?usp=drive_link

everdrone

I just pulled the trigger on my bass mountain pedal today

heads up, 25% off today, I have not seen a sale on these before:

https://fuzzworship.com/

Use code SaturdaySavings on your entire cart!

mortlock

post a vid of you playing through it. im curious how it sounds.

everdrone

cool man it'll be killer

not my clip but heres a clip i found that convinced me: 

mortlock

thats got a sweet scratch to it. dripping wet tone. proper saturation.

Muffin Man

thats a terrible clip. I agree with Mort though, excellent description - I'm learning from his description. The clip is still shit becuase, beers

Submarine

Quote from: everdrone on September 06, 2023, 08:51:43 PMcool man it'll be killer

I like that tone and just like Mort said, "proper saturation".  Just enough to get the point across.  The low freqs are still intact.

everdrone

lol ...my clip is highly anticipated...thanks yall :-) j/k

ya not too many clips....I have been asking the builder for more clips ....there are a few others out there on facebook group for Frost and on youtube...

builder is in Texas...Im in Austin Tx....he gave me a description of what I am looking for (downtuned doom/sludge is what I play) and I dig his band he designed it for his bassist in his band and all that jazz...proof is in the pudding of course, pedal has not been sent out yet...cant wait to make clips thanks

Muffin Man

ok cool, let us know if you like the pedal and I certainly look forward to any clip you might post. I knows yours will be super tasty, natch.

mortlock

Quote from: Submarine on September 11, 2023, 06:28:31 PM
Quote from: everdrone on September 06, 2023, 08:51:43 PMcool man it'll be killer

I like that tone and just like Mort said, "proper saturation".  Just enough to get the point across.  The low freqs are still intact.

i dont know if any of you guys are like this but i suspect some are. my ear drums are like taste buds on the tongue. its like certain sounds and different tones and fuzz tones and all that are like ear candy to me. its as physically satisfying as tasting food you love. some taste better to my ears than others.

everdrone

ok thanks for yalls patience....finally uploaded a clip.  I like the pedal!  It does let in low end.  Newish Pedal Day! Incoming: BASS MOUNTAIN BY FROST GIANT ELECTRONICS.  it is a bass distortion pedal. I bought it new on sale for $150.  I really love the rest of my rig, so I am not that into any pedal in front of the amp just by itself.  I played the first half of the video with my Rickenbacker 4003 Standard with fingerstyle.  Second half is with my modern Schecter with Fishman Fluence pickups which really excels for modern rock.  I played with a pick toward the very end with my Schecter.  I plan to make more videos and all in the future....the signal chain is: RICKENBACKER -->eMPRESS PARAEQ EQUALIZER PEDAL-->DEMONFX CALI 76 COMPRESSOR-->FREQOUT DIGITECH FEEDBACK PEDAL --> FUZZ WORSHIP FROST GIANT BASS MOUNTAIN PEDAL--> ORANGE THUNDERVERB 50-->TORPEDO CAPTOR X -->  OZONE 5 MASTERING SOFTWARE.  tHATS IT LOL! 

everdrone

holy smokes sounds great on guitar too!  as you guessed.....ultra heavy bass chugging.

Submarine

Quote from: everdrone on October 22, 2023, 03:22:40 PMI like the pedal!  It does let in low end.   

Agreed!  I like it!

everdrone