What Modulation/delay pedal for psych music? To replace Line6HXStomp

Started by everdrone, June 28, 2023, 09:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

everdrone

I use line 6 HX Stomp because it has a true bypass on it and is flexible.  I use it in my effects loop for delays, chorus and stuff.  I have a Thunderverb 50 Orange amp and use a Torpedo Captor a lot, so I am thinking I should avoid too much latency and avoid a H90 Evantide pedal. 

Was thinking about a Strymon Volante, but maybe there are other gem(s) that I am missing????

everdrone

ok ok....  I found this one it is analog ...not sure how it stacks up but it has an expression pedal  BOSS DM101
  https://youtu.be/O_G_wwc5mH0

everdrone

i admit I have never been into analog delays, they just dont echo for very long milliseconds and have a certain sound and digital has been taking over for the last 50 years making advances.....  my whole board is analog except for my line6stompHX that I dont use and is true bypass.  but I think that volante just adds all that tape decay type weirdness and is versatile and has the looper. 

...so I am prolly gonna get the Strymon Volante in the next month ha! Ive been playing my acoustic lately so no rush. any insights are appreciated :)

everdrone