Show Off Your Rigs: Rebirth

Started by VOLVO))), December 04, 2010, 06:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemisaurus

It's basically a bass power amp section (think Ampeg SVT) combined with a guitar preamp.

Like the Verellen MeatSmoke I imagine.

Mike_Sims

Same old shots, no big deal. Will take a new shot once the new additions are made. Also, side note: Is there a pedal/amp guts thread? I think it would be interesting.

johnny problem

fuzzfarmer

I have one of those epiphones. It was my main guitar for years.  I think mine, they called a G400 vintage series or something. Thing has tone.  Never could find a Gibson that stacked up against that epi.  I ended up buying a Guild instead. ;)  Only complaint about the epiphone would be the neck heaviness. Had to get a strap without a slick backing.

My epi in 2006

johnny problem

Yeah man, It's definitely a G400.  It just keeps sounding better and better with age.  And the neck is ridiculously heavy.  I'm also pretty happy with the stock p-u.

hayseed

I have one too! its my main guitar. i may change the pick ups to p90s soon but it does the job as is. A month after i bought it, i stepped on my guitar cord and it ripped the jack right out of the guitar, splintering the wood! I then had the tedious job of glueing it all back together. That was 5 yrs ago and it has been fine ever since.
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

spookstrickland

Here is my most recent addition to my Sunn Family.  I know it's not one of the Popular ones but it's going to make a great little gig rig when I get some new speakers in it.  I'm thinking about painting it too, seeing as how it's not super valuable or anything.

I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

beardofcthulhu

Finally, I don't feel embarrassed aboot posting my shit here.  Just bought the VTM today, and I'm already madly in love with it.  The 5150 cab and LTD V-200 I've had for about 10 years.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Peace through volume.

Discö Rice

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Baltar

4x10 cab made in Troy, MI  Celestion G10C30's
T.O. Crybaby-modded, LED, 3PDT, ICAR pot, etc.\
Dentone-Marshall Supafuzz clone w/ 3 AC-127's
Ronsound Hairpie Classic
MOOG exp pedal (gonna hook it up to a new Mem Boy soon)
Eastwood Corona (SG) GFS Dream 180 -neck GFS '59 PAF-bridge
Squire Tele Custom Duncan Design P-90's
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Instant Dan

How are the Yamaha SBG's or SG's, Rowdybeer? Is it a LP Killer like stated or just a thicker sounding Gibby SG?

E9th

VOLVO)))

I wish pedal steels weren't so ungodly expensive. They're just so complex, it's hard to get one at a decent price. I'd love to learn how to play one.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

E9th

Yes, the cost and complexity discourage alot of people. Less than a new les paul tho.

VOLVO)))

Complexity doesn't bother me, if I could get my hands on one, I bet I could pick it up. Love how they sound, but I would love to hear the application elsewhere.. y'know?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

E9th

If you are truly interested in playing pedal steel, I can help you find a decent one. You can expect to pay $1200-1500 for a used pro model single neck.  If you were to buy a pro model from a respected maker, you would have no problem getting your money back for it by selling it again. If you buy the $800 Carter Starter from Musicians Friend, or any student model, you will loose money on the resale.

Learning the pedal steel has been one of the most rewarding things Ive ever done musically. I get massive DAILY enjoyment out of it, I am a much better and happier musician, I get to play with many interetsing bands, I get great feedback on my performances from enthusiastic audiences (chicks  MILFs and even grannies panties are moistened when they hear it), and have paid for the instruments cost already with live and studio gigs.

as for hearing the application elsewhere, the pedal steel has been used in every kind of music from jazz to avante guard to classical to hip hop .  Theres quite a bit of pedal steel on Earths-Hex album. Its on Exile on Mainstreet, its all over Zeppelin 3 (played really poorly too). You can take it wherever you wanna go with it.

Jake

Here's what's in the garage these days:

Inside stuff:

poop.

DustinAR

I think i need to change my pants. Wow.

Dave J

Fuck, Jake. I want to be your friend.  Great collection there of amps and guitars.  Love the Les Pauls.
"I wish I could talk in technicolor." -- volunteer housewife during acid experiment circa 1956

"Look at me! Look at me! Look at me now!
It is fun to have fun, but you have to know how."
--Cat In The Hat

rayinreverse

this is my guitar players studio where we practice. my mesa/6x12 is on the far left. my butcher and 4x12 is the second 3rd from the left. the bass rig is another guys. andy plays through the dual rec and marshall cabs. the silver grilled bass cab was actually built by gentry from eagle twin. god damn beautiful cab. and sounds amazing.
i dont have any photos of my pedal board or guitars.  

VOLVO)))

The Silverburst LP is a fake! I remember when you got it, but never got to hear how it sounded/plays... do tell, please... :D

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bass sic

E9th and Jake are treading on thin ice with me. Way too much sweet gear and Im broke and fiendind hard and may take action.

Jake

Yeah - that Silverburst (and the doubleneck) are Chinese Gibsuns. The Silverburst is a pretty spot-on cosmetic match. It's not a bad player. And with a couple different pickups, new caps/pot, and a swapped out bridge, it's sounds really good. I'm having some guy who relics guitars out here give it a once over. I love that finish when it starts to turn green – so that's what he's gonna do.

Quote from: SunnO))) on February 17, 2011, 11:22:07 PM
The Silverburst LP is a fake! I remember when you got it, but never got to hear how it sounded/plays... do tell, please... :D
poop.