The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

I really should start different threads for different food but that would be organized which I am not.

Anyways.

Potato sausage, mashed potatoes with a bacon chive mustard seed beurre blanc. Apple, radicchio, cabbage, carrot slaw.

Had this link of potato sausage in the back of the freezer since last November.

No Focus Pocus

Pissy

When you have that sausage in the round pan it looks like the Chicago Bears/Cincinnati Reds logo. 
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Got a chunk of pork shoulder. Got garden tomatoes in the freezer, got ground meat and the rest of the stuff for balls. Got Spagoots.

SUNDAY GRAVY!!!
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Oh for sure. Things are already in motion. Been up since 5.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Turned out great. Crispy bread crumb exterior in the balls. Like the day after you shave your balls.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

masterpiece. i dont have the words. proper amount of cheese. the only thing i see missing that i would need on mine would be some crushed red pepper flakes.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

i still need them dry on top. its mandatory. i need the cheese and red pepper jars on the table.

Muffin Man

I should have put red flakes in my chicken cacciatore. I put the shrimp flavor Thai chili flakes but doubling-down with classic red..it needed it.

Jars and sprinkle bottles are a must at the table! soy sauce, chili crisp, Thai peppers, red flakes, parm shaker, Hoisin, fish sauce...a simple selection according to the establishment and just so. Let's not forget hot sauces! I love a tacqueria the red the green the orange. the carrots, the peppers!

I'd love to see a few DCS episodes on classic condiments.

Pissy

I bought some red pepper flakes from the grocery store and they have no taste.  No heat, no taste, like they're batteries are dead.  
Vinyls.   deal.

mortlock

Quote from: Pissy on November 14, 2023, 02:26:00 PMI bought some red pepper flakes from the grocery store and they have no taste.  No heat, no taste, like they're batteries are dead. 
take them back and make sure you fresh from a local italian food store.

RAGER

Root veg and cabbage in dashi, rice, orange and cashews, niku miso, sesame salmon, pickled daikon, onsen tamago, sake, H20

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

I made a couple kinds of focaccia today. Gave the neighbor some. Said it was the best they'd ever had. I'm flattered but...there's definitely better.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Feels good though doesn't it?  I mean it genuinely may be the best she's ever had.  

I'm getting a processed deer today.  A buddy knows a guy. $110 for butcher fees. Can't wait. 
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Perhaps. They're really nice people too. Same ones that have all the free beer.

Over the summer I brought some naam jim jaew to a party they hosted and they raved about that too.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Quote from: Pissy on November 22, 2023, 05:41:24 AMFeels good though doesn't it?  I mean it genuinely may be the best she's ever had. 

I'm getting a processed deer today.  A buddy knows a guy. $110 for butcher fees. Can't wait.

You're getting a whole deer?  For $110?  Dang. Somebody you know filled their tag and didn't want it? 
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Something like that.  My buddy, his family won't eat beef (some wife allergy), so he needs to get red meat in a different form.  He's a native to Johnson City so he knows everybody, including people who like to shoot deer, but get enough meat.  So they fill a tag, take it to the butcher and Imma swoop in and pay the butcher fee.  
Vinyls.   deal.

Pissy

It would be entirely feasible that I received a partial deer though, having the hunter get a portion, and me footing the bill.  I'm good with that.  It's cheaper than gearing up to hunt.  
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

What a great arrangement. Total deal. I used to be good buds with a dude who's family has I don't know how many thousands of acres in central Oregon. He supplied me with elk for a while. Miss that.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

This is the first time it's actually worked out.  Last year, i had my name on the list, no dice.  

Feels like 50lbs worth.  

Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Just found out the shooter made a deal with my buddy.  He wants two rolls of summer sausage in return.  He had some that I made last year.  Same batch I sent to you.  

Id say that's a bargain. 
Vinyls.   deal.