The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Shopping I would think would be the big problem.  Getting decent ingredients in shit towns in the south and the mid west.
No Focus Pocus

Chovie D

yup. you can see from that picture he was lucky to have scored some cilantro somewhere.

MadJohnShaft

Every town has a quasi-hip section with a Whole Foods in it by now...
Some days chickens, some days feathers

Chovie D

Quote from: MadJohnShaft on July 19, 2013, 05:34:31 PM
Every town has a quasi-hip section with a Whole Foods in it by now...

wrong. still many many towns where walmart is the only store.

deleted account

MadJohnShaft

Walmarts have enormous grocery stores in them, you elitist hippy.

Pissy

Quote from: RAGER on July 19, 2013, 03:09:53 PM
Shopping I would think would be the big problem.  Getting decent ingredients in shit towns in the south and the mid west.
Having lived in small towns in both the midwest and the south, I disagree.  And why would that touring soul singer stop in any small towns anyways?  His issue is likely more about transportation time, and knowing where to go.
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Tonight I'm making stuffed zucchini boats with a simple marinara and zucchini, dheese. preserved lemon puree`.  omfg gonna be good I hope.  i been drinkn all day.
No Focus Pocus

black aspirin

Branching out a bit.  With pork chops, I've always just grilled them.

Tried out a recipe tonight for baked, breaded chops.  Turned out pretty good, but there's definitely room for improvement.  Tasty, though.

This Juan goes to 11.

Lumpy

Maybe pound 'em a little first, or just slap 'em around.

Spray your tray with non-stick spray, or wipe it with oil (to fake the fried effect, minus all the oil). I use aluminum foil for easy cleanup.

Are those panko breadcrumbs?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

black aspirin

This Juan goes to 11.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

deleted account

speaking of schnitzengruben, Lizzie's b-day bbq is today.  I'm bringing:

weed
30 pack of Bud
40oz package of Leon's hot links
Ball Park buns
big thing of deviled egg potato salad
bag of sour cream and cheddar chips
bag of sour cream and onion chips
sheet of b-day cupcakes

I can tell I'm gonna gain a few pounds today

RAGER

Going to a crawfish boil here in a few minutes.  My favorite bar ahd shipped up for Louisiana 500 pounds of live crawfish for today.  i be sucken heads and eatin bugs here shortly.  And washing it all down with copious pints of Double Mountain fine ales from Hood River.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

pretty big fan of Double Mountain here. 500lbs, wow, hopefully you'll share some pics.

priest, I gotta find some of them links!

deleted account

MadJohnShaft

I made and froze three soups - Ajiaco: Colombian Chicken and Potato Soup,  Cauliflower Soup, and Chicken Bean Vegetable.

I made the stock too. Then I made some Baba Gnoosh and a black bean salad.  I had the peppers and one tomato from the garden.

It's cold here.

Muffin Man

RAGER

Back from the crawfish boil  Pretty good but no the best I've had.  they werer a bit smaller than i expected but super spicey.  We had some killer beers and some jello shots too.  Good times

Got another pound cuz yeah.......

Got some beignets

this chick thought she ws a Kardashian.  Mebbe she was I don't fukn know.  She fukn ugly tanned.

No Focus Pocus

khoomeizhi

made up the first batch of concentrated sumac pink-lemonade juice for this year. had a glass of the lemonade to follow, sweetened with some nice local honey. you could actually see all the acidic crystalline stuff in the hairs on the berries, so i timed it well. may have to try to get more made up before it rains again.

good shit.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

RAGER

Haven't done a lasagna in so long I think I'll do it tonight
No Focus Pocus

khoomeizhi

brought baked millet 'polenta' to a potluck today, with onion and homegrown tomatillos.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

MadJohnShaft

My tomatillos have lots of flowers but little fruit. Maybe it's still too early.

I don't have any ripe tomatoes yet.