The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

I am in the midst of a tomato and squash KAZAMMO!
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Alsatian food just might be competing with my love for Mexican food.
No Focus Pocus

deleted account

RAGER

Just about but I can't eat much of that stuff because of my bum ticker.  But damn do I want to.  lots of sausages and meats smoked and otherwise combined with cheeses and sauerkraut (choucroute) and taters.  Salty and fatty.  Exactly what I like.
No Focus Pocus

deleted account

shit, sorry to hear, had no idea.  lord knows I'm pushin' the limits of whatever the hell I got under the hood

RAGER

Yep spent about a week in cardiac ICU a few years back.  And I've never been overweight.  Just bad genes in the blood pressure realm. Meh....doesn't mean I'm stoppin' livin' though.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

I'm a bachelor for a couple nights so I get to eat what I want.  My girl doesn't like venison so I seared up a few steaks with some linguini cacio e pepe and sauteed broccoli.

No Focus Pocus

JemDooM

That crawfish boil looks heavenly!

On my bachelorette nights I make chilli wraps with all the trimmings, I had three nights of that at the start of the week, I can be as messy as I like because no-ones there to see, it gets pretty bad!
DooM!

mortlock

im not sure I could do the venison..too gamey. if that was a ny strip, I think you got something.

RAGER

Oh my dog it was good.  I'm always intrigued by the gamey statement.  I think that's the exact thing I like about wild meat.  You should give it another try.  Or you should try my Mountain Chowder. (That's not a homoerotic invite)
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

id love to try your mountain chowder. whats in it?? im not totally opposed to wild meat, but sometimes it just hits me wrong, other times ive loved it..

as a matter of fact, im going to use 'mountain chowder' for a song title at the next hades mining co jam if you don't mind ..

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

peoplething

Game meat really depends on what the animal has been eating for most of it's life. Swamp deer tastes way more gamey than corn field deer.
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

Jor el

I've heard aboot the Blueberry flavored Black Bear.
Sounds delicious.
However, last time I had Bear it was like eating gravel.
What Would Scooby Do ?

MadJohnShaft

The fancy butcher shop sells game meat but it's insanely expensive.  

I made Lions Head meatballs, having somehow never heard of them,  on top of bok choy. A good way to use ground pork and bokchoy.

Here is a typical recipe - they were really good and the bok choy was excellent.

http://tworedbowls.com/2013/12/30/shanghainese-lions-head-meatballs/
Some days chickens, some days feathers

MadJohnShaft

I just noticed we happen to have all the ingredients for Chicken Marbella so that is tonight

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/prune-and-olive-chicken/

I forgot all about making Chicken Marbella.

RAGER

Yesterday after hitting the cider shop we went across the street to this German deli I've been going to forever. 

Nurnberger wurst
Weiss wurst
Hungarian sausage
Hungarian salami
Brats
Bacon

Had a few of these with some kraut in white wine with taters, fennel, and caraway seeds stewed in a dutch oven.  Yum
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Pomegranates suck. If I never eat another one, I'm okay (I could only eat half of the last one).

Worst fruit. Maybe the only bad one.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

How dare you contradict me. Name one good thing about pomegranates - "you can sprinkle the seeds on a salad"  - WOOP DEE DOO.

I'm going to sit down and enjoy a nice pomegranate, said no one ever.

RAGER

:D

Need to kill some time?  Have a pomegranate!

Life's too easy?  Have a pomegranate!

Need stains on your fingers and shirt?  Have a pomegranate!

Want to get back at someone?  Give them a pomegranate!

Boring salad?  Sprinkle pomegranate seeds on it!
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Seriously, I ate half a pomegranate a couple weeks ago (oh look, I should try one, it's been such a long time since I had pomegranate, blablahblah) and I felt nauseous when I was done eating half (probably because it was attacking all the free radicals in my body).  ::)

The other half languished in the fridge, until it was unceremoniously dumped.

MadJohnShaft

Pomegranate molasses/syrup is awesome stuff.

RAGER

Yes it is.  love it on apples.

So the carcass from the chicken in the slower cooker never left the cooker so I added water and turned it back on so there will be stock concentrate when I get home.
No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

Brilliant.

All you need to do next is raise the chicks right in the pot.