The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

Quote from: MadJohnShaft on February 13, 2014, 06:56:08 AM
Pomegranate molasses/syrup is awesome stuff.

Yeah, sometimes I'll use that to finish my swordfish, if I'm preparing it with a macadamia crust, lofted by a smoked parmesan-purple fingerling potato tower.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

JemDooM

Swordfish with a macadamia crust and pomegranate syrup with a smoked Parmesan potato tower!?!

I just started to drool even though I'm sitting here stuffed full of my favourite pasta! ;)
DooM!

Lumpy

I was joking! Trying to parody the exotic ingredients on the cooking shows, which are available to very few people (and expensive).
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

JemDooM

lol I thought you might be but then I thought nah what with the example RAGER has set around here! I think you've come up with something genius though, I'm definitely making it! Agreed on the pomegranate thing, I only ever tried one once and was nauseas from the sugar rush!
DooM!

RAGER

I do believe I posted a Yukon tower in the bkfst thread.  :D
No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

Right this second I have macadamias, pomegranate molasses, Parmesan and purple fingerling potatoes on hand. Hell I made the Parmesan grew the potatoes.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

JemDooM

I bet you made that parmesan from your feet....

Iv been making veggie meatballs, all marinated in garlic, red chillies and chives, one with extra red onions, halloumi and red peppers. And I made this stew with tomatoes, aubergine, olives and mushrooms with garlic, cinnamon, nutmeg, cumin and clove, its all going in fahita's tonight with salad, hummous and olives, and HOT SAUCE!!! (so excited about the hot sauce)

DooM!

black

That looks scrumptious and healthy to boot.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

RAGER

That looks really good Jem!

Look at this beautiful meyer lemon and thyme focaccia I got at the Woodsman Market.  Just look at it.
No Focus Pocus

black

Is Woodsman Market a bakery or one of those fancy-pants PDX grocery places that also has a bakery? More importantly..what are you gonna do with it RAGER? Dip it in olive oil and pepper or add it as a starch to one of your creations?

RAGER

The Woodsman is fancy pants micro market that is a bakery and is attached to the Woodsman Tavern which is a fancy pants place owned by Stumptown coffee owner Duane Sorenson. He also owns a newish Italian place called Ava Gene's where I'm hoping to get a table this Saturday to celebrate mine and Kellie's 3rd anniversary.

As far as the bread, it was great with some stewed adzuki beans and chicken thighs or with lunch today and some stinky cheese.

No Focus Pocus

black

Thanks for the clarification and mmmmm on the bread use. Both the chicken and beans and the stinky cheese styles sound good.

And congrats on three years!

RacerX

Cold fruit soup with rooibos tea reduction & crushed lemon mint leaves, topped with roasted soy nuts and drizzled with agave syrup.
Livin' The Life.

MadJohnShaft

The guy on amazingribs.com mentioned putting beans under ribs. 

I made oven ribs so I took a big can of black beans and put that on the parchment, with a cut up green pepper, and onion. Then I put the ribs on top ( with two carrots to hold it up a bit) and wrapped the whole thing in foil - the beans turned out amazing - I May do that often.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

mortlock

do you actually eat the lemon skins. that seems gross to me..

RAGER

Yep.  Meyer lemons are a little different.  They're also sliced very thin so when the're roasted they sweeten up.  Delish.
No Focus Pocus

JemDooM

It looks like you could slice it down the middle and make a sandwich, I think ham and mayo would go well...
DooM!

RAGER

I just got some of this delivered to me yesterday.  Took a damn week to get from the East coast.  I bought it basically to dissect so i can make it myself.  I'm thinking it's only going to be facsimile of what it should be made fresh.  Found it in a fancy cooking mag where the writer went to Sicily.  Should be good on crostini or maybe on pasta of fish.  It's pretty much little baby fish olive oil and a couple different kinds of peppers.

No Focus Pocus

khoomeizhi

let's dispense the unpleasantries

mortlock

anybody ever get into pasta and bread crumbs??
looks interesting to me. im gong to take things up a notch with either meatballs, Italian sausage or anchovies..

Sparkle Motion

I love the Woodsman Tavern.  It's one of my favorite places in Portland.
"There ain't much difference between the man I wanna be and the man that I really am."

RAGER

Quote from: mortlock on March 19, 2014, 01:56:06 AM
anybody ever get into pasta and bread crumbs??
looks interesting to me. im gong to take things up a notch with either meatballs, Italian sausage or anchovies..

Whatchoo mean?  I enjoy pasta and I use breadcrumbs.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

did I just stump you?? I may have just pulled off the impossible. I figured you had pics of an awesome version of your take on the dish.

mortlock

sauté garlic and bread crumbs in olive oil. toss with pasta. top with fresh chopped parsley, crushed red pepper, romano cheese. or whatever you want..

RAGER

I just wasn't sure what the question was. Yes I've made dishes like that. Not very often though. Usually it's a Mac and cheese thing with breadcrumb topping. I also make an actual Spanish migas which consists mainly of breadcrumbs sautéed with chorizo. You can add other things too.
No Focus Pocus