The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortlock

i was given duck eggs..what should i know. are they really any different than chicken eggs??

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

naturally i had to google that and im really fucking sorry i did..

deleted account

RAGER

No matter which way you look at it, thanksgiving takes at least 4 sticks of butter
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

yeah.. I think we might have gotten away with only 3 this year, but I could be wrong. beers were flowing as well as bongs. I ended up chowing two helpings of everything..including the punkin pie..ive been paying for it ever since..

MadJohnShaft

My sister is a rock climber so she made everything from scratch. This was for 12 people in their cabin in Kentucky. She's been working on it forever, she's a great cook without being vegan or obnoxious about it like me.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

black

Quote from: RAGER on November 28, 2014, 01:34:24 PM
No matter which way you look at it, thanksgiving takes at least 4 sticks of butter

That is a brilliant quote!
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

mortlock

I cant wait..let me know if any of you want to try one..

RAGER

Playin' a little fast and loose with the mandolin slicer last night after a couple aviation cocktails.  Doh!

No Focus Pocus

deleted account

RAGER

We went over to Kellie's aunt and uncles house for xmas dinner.  Her family is Swedish so diner was Swedish themed.  We had palt (which is a ball of mashed potatoes and oatmeal with a ground pork filling and as far as the research I've done they are preparing it wrong so it is terribly pasty and bland.  I could think of so many ways to actually make it good but I keep my mouth shut), potato sausage which is pretty good if not a little bland, and meatballs with a gravy.  Her mom does a fantastic job with this dish.  Delish every year.  Kellie brought a cucumber salad which was great too.

Her brother made a mockery of prime rib.  Everything seemed to be just about done and he sliced the roast about 3/4 inch thick to soon so it sat and got cold along with everything else while there were too many damn people in the kitchen getting in the way trying to find plates and forks.  eesh!  I'm a stickler about having things all come out at the same time so as to eat a hot fricken meal for fucks sakes.  I was climbing the walls trying to keep quiet so I just sat on the couch with more alcohol and resigned myself to cold food.

Her aunt and uncle are pretty cool.  Uncle works for The Blazers so he travels quite a bit and was in Nawlins recently and picked me up this cookbook.  Pretty kitschy but some good stuff too.  Lots of recipes with catsup or mayo as a base.  Things like aspics and tuna molds and tinned shrimp meat.  It came out in '67 so....

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

I can see where you would be a bitch to have as a dinner guest..applauded for not opening your mouth.

RAGER

My girl is gonna be gone for 2 days in Seattle so Imma cook some stuff she wouldn't eat this weekend.

And here's me on a bucket loader back hoe yesterday.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

deleted account

Quote from: RAGER on January 19, 2015, 08:35:02 PM
Fuck football.

I was just gonna ask you what your Super Bowl party menu's gonna be

mortlock

yeah!! I too, want to know how rager would tailgate for the big game..

RAGER

Oh I'll be cooking I'm sure because it's a Sunday but it won't have anything to do with football.  Cuz.  Fuck football.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

So my breakfast routine has been severely altered at work since we've been expanding.  Normally I'm here by myself for an hour before anybody else shows up excluding customers.  But it's cold and wet in the mornings so customers don't start showing up until 11 ish anyways.  So I normally come in and make the coffee and popcorn then I heat up my breakfast and log on to see what you people are doing and just generally relax.  But noooooo.  I get here and there's friggin kids and dogs running around in their pj's making noise and messes.  The owner wants to chat me up and her Icelandic dad likes to rant about Fox news to me in his super heavy accent and I'm always saying huh?

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Why are there cat food flavors like "tender turkey Tuscany with long grain rice accented with garden greens in an elegant savory sauce" and not song sparrow bits and grass blades in a chickadee gravy.
No Focus Pocus

black

Probably because those flavors are tested on and then purchased by human beings.
Not everyone is as open-minded (and literal friendly) as you and I.

Personally, if pet food was labeled like that, it would be easier for me to know what my pets would like and I would stop dipping into their food on the way home from the store. I'm an occasional sucker for advertising and tender turkey Tuscany with long grain rice accented with garden greens in an elegant savory sauce still tasted like rotten tuna.
(to me, at least)

RAGER

They should make a little moving toy mouse that has attachable little mouse bodies that are filled with food of some sort.  Just set em loose on the floor and watch your cat "catch" it, rip it's guts (food) out and eat it.  Add a little sport to feeding time and keep em sharp.
No Focus Pocus

black

Lumpy

There was a guy (lady?) on NPR saying he hides food all over the house, to keep his housecats interested. When animals know what time dinner is and where it's getting dropped off, they supposedly get lazy. He has a book about that kind of stuff. The idea is getting big at some zoos too. Make the animals search and work a little, like they would in the wild.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.