The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortlock

totally..i mean think about the damage it could do to the cheese real estate..

Lumpy

Cheese? There's no cheese in your recipe.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

MadJohnShaft

When you buy Cilantro in the Mexican or Asian markets they have a foot long stem on them, cause those people eat the stem.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

Lumpy

i think you can put cilantro in a glass of water (vase) and it will stay good longer. You need stems for that.

I trim a lot of stemmage when cooking, but I leave a little bit too.

MadJohnShaft

Yeah, many times I will stick it in a glass of water and leave it out on the counter - works for asparagus too

Lumpy

mortlock

nice!!
id have to add the rochester ny style dog..
zwigles white or red hot with mustard, onions and hot sauce [nick tahou's style meat hot sauce].

Lumpy

Article on Eater.com about the food scene in Buffalo and Rochester NY.

The Wonderful Working-Class Fare of Buffalo and Rochester

http://ny.eater.com/2015/7/21/9001087/best-food-buffalo-rochester-garbage-plate-red-hots-wings

mortlock

ive been on a breakfast kick lately..corned beef hash and sunny side up eggs w/ rye toast..seeded..lots of tobasco. cant get enough, im about to make it for dinner too..

Lumpy

MadJohnShaft

Making beef stock from some bones

Making lamb shank for dinner

MadJohnShaft

Salad: romaine lettuce, red onions. Oranges, different peppers and fennel bulb. With a citrus oil and citrus vinegar dressing. Toasted pine nuts.

Side: whole head of cauliflower. I made a sofrita, deglazed with red wine,  then stirred in one 1 jar of homemade smoky tomato sauce, and put a whole fucking cauliflower in there. After an hour, spooned the rich sauce ontop. It's like candy. I would put a few cubes of chicken stock in there next time.

Food: I defrosted a mean chicken I got from my CSA and brined it early this morning in salt and turbo sugar and PSRT and a lemon.. When I got home, I spazklotched it (and put the neck, wing tips and back bone into the freezer to make stock later), stuffed too much hot and sweet paprika under the skin, rubbed it with orange olive oil, then I cooked it on a super hot gas grill with tons of smoke for 15-20 minutes per side, turning it down to medium. Then I covered it in a pan and put it into the oven.

Lumpy

^Sounds good...

I'm really into apples lately (it must be an old person's thing, I didn't like them this much when I was younger)... Fuji, Cameo and Honeycrisp are my favorite varieties. Once I figured out which were the best "eating" varieties (not baking, etc) that helped a lot.

MadJohnShaft

My family will only eat Honey Crisp the WONDERâ„¢ bread of apples.  Philistines.

Lumpy

Cameo and Fuji are also good - sweet, crisp texture, and full of flavor. That's what I'm saying!

MadJohnShaft

Homemade tomato soup. We are out of my tomatoes but nice canned ones work just fine, used a cup or so of the buttermilk and heavy cream left over from making the butter, fried some bread for croutons. Devine!

MadJohnShaft

Paella for lunch. Making chicken stock.

Delivery cheesesteak for dinner tonight.

Beta Cloud

long but good day at work. heatwave... 60f and sunny in normally shitty freezing buffalo ny.
hard rootbeer float-
hard root beer, vodka, vanilla ice cream, straw. blow bubbles in it like you were a kid for full effect.
GODDAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A GROWN ASS MAN.

why does it hurt when i pee?

MadJohnShaft

We had beef fajitas and grilled vegetables last night, cooked in the snow. I grilled the tortillas too. With homemade salsa and homemade ginger ale with pineapple and oranges.

Tonight is Kalbi (Korean Barbequed Beef Short Ribs), with a board sauce (natch) of cilantro, garlic, vinegar etc.

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/kalbi-korean-barbequed-beef-short-ribs-recipe.html?oc=linkback

Plus some cheese scalloped potatoes with good stuff in it.

Thursday night was enchiladas and Friday night was Italian Wedding Soup. Both all gone.

Lumpy

Have you had a Cara Cara navel orange yet? They don't taste like an orange. Before peeling, they look like oranges. Peeled, they look like small red grapefruits. They're less acidic than an orange. They have all the similarities of citrus fruits, but lack that "orange" flavor. They taste as much like an orange as a grapefruit tastes like a tangerine.

TL;DR: They don't taste like oranges.

They're good!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cara_cara_navel

black

At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

Lumpy

Best tacos I've ever had? In Philly.

Look, tacos in "Bon Appetite" (don't let that stop you):

http://www.bonappetit.com/story/south-philly-barbacoa-cristina-martinez

Lumpy

Upon further review, Cara-Cara oranges are lacking in that essential 'orange' flavor. They're so mild that they're kind of useless. They're worth trying though.

mortlock

had a bacon bleu cheese burger last night from my local bar. 1/2 lb angus beef. crumbly bleu on top. home made creamy bleu on the side to pour on and dip the fries into. it was unbelievable. I meant to take pics but I didn't so youll have to just imagine the awesomeness.   

socket

Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.