The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neighbor664

Keep on top of that Cilantro, unless you also like/need coriander.

mortlock

i need the cilantro to spread like wild fire.

Muffin Man

I heard about coriander on an Indian chicken dish cooking show. Must have. A German rye bread, most excellently dense bread with coriander seed component. Must do. And thanks.

I don't recall liking cilantro all that much so if the leaves go to seed, then no harm no foul.

mortlock

when it comes to cilantro you either like it or you dont. no middle ground.

RAGER

Oh man coriander is another one of my favorite things. I go through a bunch or two of the leaves (cilantro) a week and the seeds are amazing in several different ways.
No Focus Pocus

renfield

Anybody have the cursed gene that makes it taste like soap?

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

RAGER, that crushed ends asparagus is the bees-knees, works like a boss. Man, all my terrible asparagus ends problems is over! Thanks. Crushed, blanched, finished in the steak pan. Delish

RAGER

Amp that looks good.

Raw asparagus salad. I don't have a real recipe.

Slice your pencil asparagus about a 1/4 " thick put in bowl
Add finely diced red onion (1/8")
Add some olive oil, red wine vinegar, and grated pecorino
Season with salt and crushed red pepper. Let sit about an hour.

Make it cheesy or vinegary or oily. Whichever. I like a nice balance of all without it being too dry.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

Did a lot of cooking yesterday. And drinking.
Made harissa with 4 different chiles   

Some spices that go in it and an Israeli fish dish I did for dinner

Made a pot of beans and beef roast too

Artichokes with asparagus, green beans , and peas. Finished with lots of lemon juice. Matbucha on my he side.

Got to use some of my last frozen tomatoes from last year.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

I'm cooking a "kitchen sink", whatever I had in the frig, chicken dish. It's smelling gooood. Called for chicken stock but none on hand so, peri-peri rub and curry powder mashup.

Yikes, it tastes restaurant quality  ;D

Chicken thighs peri-peri rub, curry powder in hominy can juice, cabbage, onion, celery, hominy, bacon bits, carrot, honey, liquid smoke, artichoke heart, pre cooked asparagus, boxed rice (overly salty), tumeric, etc

sleestak

Killing threads is my business and business is good.

Muffin Man

oooh, I do have one left! (more in the freezer). Just as well, kinda dog'd out today.

RAGER

Portland finally has an H Mart. I can't wait to go.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Cool. Let us know any must-haves. I forgot about those, never been, but there are two that I can get to, 20 min drive. I'll for sure be getting the fish sauce and various kimchi

Lumpy

Quote from: RAGER on April 11, 2019, 06:23:34 PM
Portland finally has an H Mart. I can't wait to go.

Fuck yes. I went to the original H Mart in Queens recently (and need to go back soon). Open 24 hours! Kind of small and worn out, but they have everything I want (kimchee by the bucket, prepared foods, frozen fish bits, Korean BBQ sauce etc).
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Muffin Man

Ham n cheese in sourdough cranberry, bbq dip. Jalapeno chips

mortlock

Muffin Man

oops, sourdough/cranberry bread. Straight up spicy bbq!
the cranberries are kinda sweet, goes great with the smoked ham (Kentucky brand). It works!

mortlock

Muffin Man

Nah. But I would like to try cranberry bbq - to me that sounds A-OK

mortlock

now that i think about it, im thinking it might be pretty good. i love cranberry but im more of a dry rub guy than bbq sauce. might be good though..id try it.