The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Man I never do a tuna sandwich the same way twice. Always changing it up. The only real constant is the tuna itself. I buy a case of Sacred Sea young albacore line caught off Oregon coast.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Here's what I did with those wontons. I crisped up the bottoms like gyoza.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

10/10 Top Notch!

ps. no need for spoon

Muffin Man

RAGER

I do really enjoy cooking.

I have more of the wonton filling that I'm gonna make little meatballs or patties and serve over white rice and some ssamjang.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Nice. You're presentations are appreciated. Someday I'll try my hand at twisting up a wonton. I shall present a pierogi cocktail later tonight. I've got the idea set, just gotta try it.

Muffin Man

This turned out bad. Wrong kinda spice. Bacon Chedder Potato perogies soaked in soy sauce. Should stopped there, added Kim Chi Hot Sauce (from Beaverton). Too hot, overpowering, glassware off, but fun. Himalain sea salt in there. It needs some work, no problem.

RAGER

Sorry that doesn't look or sound good no matter how stoned.
No Focus Pocus

Bro. Righteous

I ain't drunk - I'm just drinkin...

RAGER

I've had some clunkers believe me. I like to try stuff so there's def a learning curve.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

This is a fork sandwich. Too messy to pick up and eat. Had some leftover charcuterie and some raclette. Added some cornichons, evoo, vin, pepperoncinis, parsley, spicy oil mixed and put on some combo with must and mayo. Oh yeah sprouts. This is called something on the east coast I'm sure but without the sprouts.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

A gorgeous specimen and way mouth-watering to look at.

I love an italian sub with olive oil and vinegar though I've no clue the real way to build one. I've lived on the east coast but not long enough to research. Jersey the best subs?

mortlock

fuck me that looks amazing.

hey rager..you ever use avocado instead of mayo in your tuna?

Muffin Man

Taco night - ground lamb braised in coconut water, fennel, curry, crushed peanuts, green onion, garlic, garden mint, bay leaf, hoisin sauce, spices, served with mango hot sauce (Melinda's) and aged cheddar. Tasty.

mortlock

Lumpy

Quote from: mortlock on May 14, 2019, 11:00:43 PM

I do. Avocado is super healthy, with more flavor than mayo (mayo is good too)
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Quote from: Lumpy on May 15, 2019, 03:07:33 AM
Quote from: mortlock on May 14, 2019, 11:00:43 PM

Avocado is good too mixed with some evoo. But have ver used Kewpie mayo from Japan?  It's delicious due in part to the msg. But mainly because of their process. Try it.

I do. Avocado is super healthy, with more flavor than mayo (mayo is good too)
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Grassfed (pepperjack mushroom rosemary garlic) burger.

RAGER

That looks good. Almost British.

Went to The Horse Brass yesterday. British pub in Portland with loads of history. Beers that created the PNW craft beer scene were usually debuted here back in the day. Ive been coming here for close to 30 years. Food is just so so but it's never changed.

French dip
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Quote from: Muffin Man on May 15, 2019, 05:44:18 PM
Grassfed (pepperjack mushroom rosemary garlic) burger.
BREAD FAIL. you people need to work on your bread game.

Muffin Man

You're kinda right. I could have driven to the real bakery and got real buns. The regular sore, er store buns looked too fake and the bakery too far for the day. Then I remember I like a seed bread sandwich-slice to save carbs. I'll tell ya, that burger there worked and the bread ratio perfecto. Seed bread too. I do agree a good bun is fun and better bread is better. Gotta keep on the bread game, no doubt, and your standards, Mort, are respected.

RAGER

The bread for my sandwich however sucked. But it's not about that at The Horse Brass.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Does HB still host dart tournaments? I suspect they would. Back in the day...30yrs ago as you mentioned...they had what, 5 boards?

Muffin Man

Maybe was two boards? I just read their "about us". Place looks the same as I hazily recall it. Wish I was there for lunch now!