The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Not much has changed there but then again much has. A few heavy hitters in the restaurant scene hang there. I've gotten to know them over the years.

Remember them ribs the other night?  I braised down the pork ribs and made kinda like Shanghai noodles. Yum.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

not bad. id eat the fuck out of it.

RAGER

Yeah. What the fuck Morty?  Make with haggis already.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Quote from: RAGER on May 19, 2019, 10:28:09 AM
Yeah. What the fuck Morty?  Make with haggis already.
ill be honest. im fucking terrified of the haggis. ive read nothing good about the risks of eating lamb lung.

the mini tamale pies look insanely good.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

mad cow disease.

it has something to do with mucus getting trapped in the lung at slaughter. thats what my sources have told me.

RAGER

Mad cow from lamb?  This world is fucked up.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Muffin Man

"Haggis is used in a sport called haggis hurling, which involves throwing a haggis as far as possible."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haggis

mortlock

i might shoot a new episode this memorial day weekend. special edition. im open to requests.

RAGER

Quote from: mortlock on May 22, 2019, 11:53:38 PM
i might shoot a new episode this memorial day weekend. special edition. im open to requests.

Tater salad.
No Focus Pocus

sleestak

Hot dogs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

RAGER

Did a version of surf and turf last night. Chicken lollipops and halibut on a bed of green beans peppers and shrooms.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Chicken lollipops. Might use that for a new song title.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

"Carribean" Chicken and Rice Calypso Sauce

RAGER

The chefwich at Lardo. Damn it was good.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

i want to like that but im feeling like its too under cooked.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

is that what that is? youre right im not a fan. i mean i could be but im not sure about raw fish. scares me a little. especially when you consider 80% of the seafood in the USA is imported. critical control points cant be verified that easily.

renfield

There's definitely some shady stuff going on w/r/t raw fish, but I dunno. Somehow I figure pretending tilapia is red snapper is less of a health hazard than artificial greasy processed carcinogenic food.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/07/health/fish-mislabeling-investigation-oceana/index.html