The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lftwng4

Going to smoke my first brisket this weekend.
Also going to do a pork butt with that Albini rub that Pissy posted on here.
Wife has relatives coming in this weekend, so apparently we're going to feed them.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

lftwng4

I kinda felt that as well.  Maybe Rager could hop a plane, fly to Ohio, and give me some pointers?  I'd feed him and ply him with some fine Ohio ales.

RAGER

Genuine good luck. For a first brisket. That people are going to eat. Relatives with expectations. Srsly hope it turns out like you're a pro.
No Focus Pocus

renfield

Didn't somebody here make a pork burger recently? Sounded good so I went for it

lftwng4

Quote from: RAGER on July 12, 2019, 09:47:18 AM
Genuine good luck. For a first brisket. That people are going to eat. Relatives with expectations. Srsly hope it turns out like you're a pro.

I appreciate the good wishes.  I certainly don't want to disappoint, but on the other hand, I don't know what they are expecting, as I sorta got pushed into this, so...

mortlock

You could always fuck it up on purpose to ensure you wont find yourself in this sitch in the future.

lftwng4

That did cross my mind, but I'm trying to be a team player.

RAGER

The last couple nights my wife's been saying there's nothing to make for dinner. I'm like "hold my beer".

Last night.

No Focus Pocus

lftwng4

Update:  the brisket turned out pretty good.  Several people raved about it, although I thought it was just "ok".  The pork with that Albini rub was great.  We really like that flavoring.  We put some extra on some burgers and my wife was beside herself. 

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Grill prep.

Them padrons are from the garden.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Quote from: RAGER on July 16, 2019, 11:43:00 AM
The last couple nights my wife's been saying there's nothing to make for dinner. I'm like "hold my beer".

Last night.

shes just baiting you into whipping up something amazing. she knows exactly what shes doing.

Muffin Man

mmm, dumplings. bathing in a beautiful sauce bath, nice plating (tray) too.

RAGER

I need another big batch.

Did you notice the cut of chicken?  Interesting huh?  It's legs with the thigh end just cut off and the shin just barely cut through and folded over. Try it at home. I bought them this way at the K store. Another leg cut they have is butterflied. That one cooks quick too. Good for marinating.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

I saw those but thought it was a little piggie or something. I could barely look at it...scary! Lookls like some good bird though. I'll ask my butcher bout that cut.

RAGER

That butterfly leg ???? s a good one too. Feature that.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Felt like cooking this morning.

Soupe de poisson, croƻtons et sauce rouille

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

mortlock

RAGER

Bought this tomato knife for the tomato season. Look at all this stupid packaging and swag.

No Focus Pocus

socket

Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

RAGER

The knife kinda sucks. Gonna buy the Wusthof and see if it's better.

I do use chopsticks quite a bit. Have you ever had sticky Thai popcorn?  Best eaten with chopsticks to avoid sticky fish fingers.
No Focus Pocus