The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muffin Man

Yeah, ha! (ps. those dark plates/bowls are Japanese porcelain, the one below is recycled bamboo)

Spaghetti Aglio E Olio then threw on some of Beechers New Woman, nice cheese for it making it okay that I was out of Parm. Ton a garlic in there and ample cayenne!

Lumpy

I just bought a bucket of kimchi myself.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Muffin Man

Looks tasty ren.

"bucket of kimchi" - that's beautiful man, Lumpy.

Hey, I just notice she's prepping the cabbage in a way that explains why mine always come out so-so. With a few adjustments and a huge bowl this'll be the best year yet.

Whoa, here's her recipe. Looks like i need anchovy stock!

http://www.innograte.net/koreaKonnect/FoodCooking.aspx

RAGER

Nah. Fish sauce works well.

Renfields kimchi look really good.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

I can't eat it every day, this will last me a month or more (?) I don't keep track...
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Muffin Man

Nice 3lbs!

Quote from: RAGER on September 11, 2019, 05:00:16 PM
Nah. Fish sauce works well.

Renfields kimchi look really good.

Right on, I remember your Red Boat rec and have the H-mart hours. Making a shopping list (still).

Muffin Man

An Autumny snack of Broccoli & Smoked Kiesbasa w/aged balsamic and rosemary

RAGER

Nice presentation.

Today is a busy cooking day.

Already did a traditional type pork belly. Small amount. Wife no likey.

And now I'm making gaeng hung lay.

For sound. https://i.imgur.com/8UvDo7g.mp4

Still have to grill up some chicken and then make guay tiew tom yum goong for dinner.

Oh yeah got this mortar and pestle today too. Beer can for reference. It's big.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

mortlock

renfield

\m/

I need to start putting beer in all my photos for scale as well.

mortlock

beer can for scale. thats only half the sub for full disclosure. 
post a picture

RAGER

Small dish of gaeng hung lay over rice as an app and then the guay tiew tom yum goong.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Delightful, if not erudite ;D That book is on a waiting list and now I'm on it.

RAGER

Josh is the owner/chef of Ava Gene's on Division and is also a partner in Tusk who is very veg heavy.  Had a multi course meal at Tusk and there were so many neat things I never missed the lack of meat.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Best Vietmanese Beef Stew I've ever had! Perfect soup day too. From their updated menu so many things to try. ps. that's the freshest baguette I've ever had - somehow fresher than from a bakery counter.

RAGER

I'd def eat some that. Vietnamese bakeries always have killer baguette. It's always got a more delicate crust.

EDIT

I'll make that some time soon. Wonder if they use any annatto for some color. I've got some so I'll use it.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Tonight I'm making sai ua Thai sausage. It's marrying the flavors in the fridge right now. Might have it with yum woonsen and or som tom.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Annatto, very well could be! There was a spice in there I'd not tasted before in others - was it nutmeg-y? My sensory memory isn't there right now but yeah. His broth was more complex than others. Carrots were there but missing rutebaga (if thats the veg they use). This one had the killer broth but reflecting back, missing some vegetable.

This place offers it with noodles standard, or rice option. I usually opt for baguette but will have to try rice, never see that before.

RAGER

That broth would have cinnamon and star anise. Annatto has a little flavor but mainly to color it red. Carrots for sure. Maybe another root veg but def with the baguette.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Made yum woonsen with sai ua sausage last night.

Got up early this morning and made Thai red curry too

No Focus Pocus